X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

Originally posted by 440sixpack

I can see why Ristow likes Trump they're just alike, lots of big talk and call everyone you disagree with a liar .
    show us where i have called anyone here a liar other than you for obvious reasons.,who has lied about everything from your race,to party affiliation to who you voted for.

you have 3 stories on who you voted for on this thread,so you either are a liar,or commited voter fraud. which is it?

you got the balls to answer? who's the big talker now?
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• DarkMonohue
      Shakes hands with danger
      • Jul 01, 2012

There's a lot of locker room grabassery going on here. Lots of the old schoolyard, "nuh-uh, YOU are!"

It is possible to have a reasonable, mature, respectful discussion. Even here. Many people are doing it already. Some are not.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd rather put that $100 against this thread going another five pages without someone either A) immediately accusing anyone who disagrees with them of being "a liberal" (a word that has been overused to the point of being little more than a half-hearted attempt at an insult), or B) lapsing into another tired verse of, "but Hillary!"

A wiser man than me once said, "The point of the political process is not to make enemies of other Americans. It is to make America with other Americans."

Think on it.
      '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
      Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
      High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• Mr Carts
        258 I6
        • Aug 22, 2011

I talk to a lot of people and my conclusion is:

People are jealous of people who have money. They tend to bad mouth those who have more than they do.
        1980 Cherokee WT 360 TFI Contour Fan 727 208
        3.31 285/75X16 Duratrac's E rated

Comment

• elskeptico
          350 Buick
          • Sep 03, 2003

Originally posted by DarkMonohue
          A wiser man than me once said, "The point of the political process is not to make enemies of other Americans. It is to make America with other Americans."
          Well put. At some point, the health of the country and the status of the office must take precedence.

We elected a clown, are we surprised we got a circus?
          1979 Cherokee Chief S, 360, TFI, Part-time conversion, rust

If you go lookin' for rust, you'll find it.

Comment

• Mr Carts
            258 I6
            • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by elskeptico
            Well put. At some point, the health of the country and the status of the office must take precedence.

So you know him personally when making the statement he is a clown?
            1980 Cherokee WT 360 TFI Contour Fan 727 208
            3.31 285/75X16 Duratrac's E rated

Comment

• TexasJ10
              360 AMC
              • Jan 03, 2002

You clearly missed the point of the quote.
              * 1981 stepside, 360, 727, 208, almost stock daily driver.
              * 1982 Laredo j-10, 360, 727, in rough shape and in the process of being rebuilt with 401, NV4500, Klune,
              . NP205,d60 front, d70 rear, fender work and minimal lift. It will probably take 10 years
              * 1973 jcab mounted on 1983 j20 frame. 360/t18/208 d44/d60. Almost completed

Comment

• 68glad
                350 Buick
                • Jun 01, 2006

You agree that we need to come together as americans then follow it up with the clown statement.....
                68 gladiator- 455/400/20 r.i.p.
                78 wagoneer- 401, drw60, drw70, 203/205, 38's, oba, obw, hydroboost, dual p/s pump, bla bla bla

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Comment

• elskeptico
                  350 Buick
                  • Sep 03, 2003

Can everyone giving me grief for calling Trump a clown take note of the fact that the person who started this thread called him that despite having voted for him? I'm just riffing on that a bit and not trying to turn this into a name-calling competition.

Comment

• elskeptico
                    350 Buick
                    • Sep 03, 2003

Originally posted by TexasJ10
                    If Trump really did something there is a special prosecutor already appointed to straighten it out, so why is there still such an uproar from the liberal base to impeach before the special prosecutor figures it out? If he has done something wrong, he deserves the penalty, and I am alright with that.
                    The people causing the uproar see Trump as an immediate threat, right now. That's the reason for the uproar. And it's not just his policies or the agenda, because everyone knows Pence would end up in his place, with nearly identical agenda, and the wherewithal to actually get stuff done. So to "liberals," Pence is in a lot of ways a bigger threat.

And I know you don't much care for unsubstantiated speculation, but there's now a lot of rumors that Trump may fire Mueller, including from his friend and not an unnamed source. Am I the only one surprised that he would have that power? I honestly didn't know. Gotta admit that would look pretty bad. I'm just trying to figure out where Trump's supporters draw the line.

Comment

• 440sixpack
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jul 21, 2016

Ristow I may have inadvertently reversed who I voted for in the primary and the general. if you have something more than that post it now or I'm calling you a liar. you're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

The greatest president nailed this.

Comment

• DarkMonohue
                        Shakes hands with danger
                        • Jul 01, 2012

Ristow...
                        Let it go. Drop it.

Ristow is like a dog with a bone. His favorite activity is trying to twist people up in a political argument, even if it means he's the only one arguing, and he's playing you like a fiddle. (His second favorite activity involves tree sap. You don't want want to know what he does with it.)

You two can either knock it off or hug it out. I don't care. But you're stinking up the place.

Just drop it and move on. Both of you.
                        '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
                        Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
                        High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• TexasJ10
                          360 AMC
                          • Jan 03, 2002

The people causing the uproar see Trump as an immediate threat, right now. That's the reason for the uproar. And it's not just his policies or the agenda, because everyone knows Pence would end up in his place, with nearly identical agenda, and the wherewithal to actually get stuff done. So to "liberals," Pence is in a lot of ways a bigger threat.

And I know you don't much care for unsubstantiated speculation, but there's now a lot of rumors that Trump may fire Mueller, including from his friend and not an unnamed source. Am I the only one surprised that he would have that power? I honestly didn't know. Gotta admit that would look pretty bad. I'm just trying to figure out where Trump's supporters draw the line.
                          You might be right about the Pence factor.

As far as the Mueller thing, I am not surprised that this would be out there. This has been a huge money maker for the press and they can't stand to see the gravy train end. The closeness of Mueller to Comey bothers me in an independent investigation, but I can only hope Mueller has higher ethics than Comey. I think he does and I for one would draw the line if his work is somehow ended by Trump. I'm one of the few that thought the special prosecutor for Clinton went way beyond his mandate bringing the Monica Lewinski issues up, and hope Mueller can stick to the issues and wrap things up quickly one way or another.
                          * 1982 Laredo j-10, 360, 727, in rough shape and in the process of being rebuilt with 401, NV4500, Klune,
                          . NP205,d60 front, d70 rear, fender work and minimal lift. It will probably take 10 years

Comment

• Ristow
                            • Jan 20, 2006

Ristow I may have inadvertently reversed who I voted for in the primary and the general. if you have something more than that post it now or I'm calling you a liar. you're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
                            l]
                            Nowhere have primaries been discussed here. But even so, what about the other write in? Was it Cuban or Kasich? Or did you lose track of your stories?

And where did I lie? Do you have evidence or is this like the Russian collusion you cling to with no evidence? Please shine your light of truth.

Btw.. I'd also like to know how a guy like yourself thinks he can tell anyone here to "do better" when you twice proudly proclaim yourself to be a racist in this thread. In fact in post 76 you express relief that you no longer have to feel guilty about your racism. Yet now you feel you are morally positioned to advise others they need to improve themselves? Please explain this one.
                            Originally posted by Hankrod
                            Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• elskeptico
                              350 Buick
                              • Sep 03, 2003

I can't decided if this fits here or in the "best joke you've heard in a while" thread, but here it is.

[Republican Senator Lindsey Graham on Trump colluding with Russians]: "He can't collude with his own government, what makes you think he could collude with the Russians?"

Comment

• TexasJ10
                                360 AMC
                                • Jan 03, 2002

I can't decided if this fits here or in the "best joke you've heard in a while" thread, but here it is.

[Republican Senator Lindsey Graham on Trump colluding with Russians]: "He can't collude with his own government, what makes you think he could collude with the Russians?"

Good one.

I would expand that to include everyone else in Washington though.

Comment

Working...
                                X