International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Events > Las Cruces

Old 08-09-2008, 12:53 PM
FSJ Maniac

Las Cruces NM FSJ Invasion October 18-19 Updated camping information...Please read

Time has come to start a new thread.

Dates

October 18-19 some will be there the 17th come early stay late easy as that.

Camping information:

KOA Las Cruces New Mexico, I have talked to Leah the manager of the Las Cruces KOA, we will be getting a group discount of 10% and they will be putting us all together unless we have a bigger than expected turn out then they will fill the area saved for us and move others to other places in the park. Here is a copy of the last email I received.

I have an area that we've used in the past for groups. This area is our premium tenting area, which provides electricity, and our RV water and electric section. Four sites will offer grassed tenting, and five sites will offer pea gravel tenting. Each site can handle up to two small tents and no more than four people.

You can check out our park site map at either our website, www.lascrucescampgrounds.com or at KOA's website, www.lascruceskoa.com. The section that I am talking about are sites 88, 90, 92, 93, and 95-99. As you can see the Kamping Kitchen is over in this area, which will allow for food prep. Additionally, there are BBQ grills at your disposal.

We are willing to provide you with our 10% group discount. Each site is $27.65 for two adults, or are $37.18 for four adults per night. These rates include the discount and taxation.

Should you need more than eight sites we can spill your party over into basic tenting (in particular sites 76-79). Since these sites do not offer electricity, each site will be $25.27 for two adults, or will be $34.80 for four adults per night. Again, these rates include the discount and taxation.

Cabins are available. Each cabin can sleep up to four. Each cabin will be $52.44 for two adults, or will be $61.97 for four adults per night.

As for RV sites, we have many rates that your party can select from based on their rig size and their individual needs. To provide accurate quotes I would need to know the type of rig (fifth wheel, travel trailer, motorhome, motorhome towing), the length of the rig, if the rig is designed as a 30 or 50 AMP unit, the number of adults in the party, the number of children 13 and over, and the number of children 12 and under.

Pets are NO problem as long as the following rules are followed. As per our insurance, certain breeds have been identified as having a history of unfriendly and aggressive behavior to both other dogs and to humans. We therefore DO NOT allow Pit Bulls, Rottweilers and Dobermans within our park. Please note: partial breeds of these three breeds are NOT allowed. Additionally, pets are not to be left unattended outdoors or tied to park water faucets or electric pedestals. Pets are to be leashed at all times, and must be cleaned up after. We also ask that your pet be kept out of the restrooms, store, laundry, and pool area. Lastly, pets must be kept from barking for long periods.

As for those in your party that have trailers. Yes, we can accommodate parking for some trailers. In order to provide a more definitive answer I would need to have more of an idea of the number of trailers you'd need parked. In example, in your best estimation are your anticipating 6 trailers, 10 trailers?

I look forward to working with you on this hopefully annual adventure.

Please email me any additional questions you might have.

Regards,

Leah

Everyone is responsible for making their own reservations. You must mention you are with the International Fullsize Jeep Association to get your discount!!!!! You will have to pay for the first night when you make them to hold your spot. You will find a map in the email.
Please PM me with your camping reservations and the spot you have reserved when completed.

Other camping is BLM land. It is free plentyfull and probably a great place to party if I had to guess. No restrooms, except for a tree, no showers, so if you do not like primitive camping I would say stay at the KOA.

I will update this post later with a map of the area so everyone knows where the trail head is.

Please confirm if you will attend here. T-shirts are still in the open, but plans are for now, for every driver whom attends will get one tshirt. You show up you get a shirt no cost to you!! I will be working on the them with Jaime next week. But I need to know who will be coming so everyone will get one, I am sure we will have some extra for anyone who shows up last minute.

If there are any questions do not hesitate to pm me or email me. This is gonnnnna be a good time!!!!

This is going to be a list of who is coming. Let me know if your plans change, this is based on recent activity and interest. If your name is not on the list pm me and I will add it or remove etc. This will help us with the T-shirt purchase.

Michael- KOA
Jaime- KOA
Tad- KOA
jepj2000*
misfittom138*
Slick Willie rig or no rig....-KOA?.....sounds like it will be a rig as of 9/10
Sambo -KOA
Mike Huber-KOA
Steven Hawkins-KOA
Angel Campos-KOA
mcjeep80

Stak 3 speed
44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually

Last edited by Tad : 09-16-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Master Mechanic

Are most people planning on staying at the KOA, or are there still people thinking of camping out at the trails?

I'm willing to stay where the biggest group is staying, so we can have the most fun!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepj2000
Are most people planning on staying at the KOA, or are there still people thinking of camping out at the trails?

I'm willing to stay where the biggest group is staying, so we can have the most fun!!!

I believe there are a few of us planning to camp at the trails. I know we are. I'm not big on campgrounds and rules!

And where did all the pics from the original thread go? There was good info in there.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 PM
FSJ Maniac

I think the camping on the trails/KOA is 50/50. I personally will make a reservation at the KOA so my wife has a place to crash.....that has showers etc. I would assume the party would be at the trails....KOA does have rules.....

As far as the other thread, it was getting wayyyyyy tooooooo lonnnnnnng and I was getting questions almost daily that were answered allready there.

So, a new thread was started to clean it up a bit. Just to see who is "truely" coming and see where they will be staying etc. I pretty much know who will be there. In the original thread I counted about 18 that said they would be there in the beginning and now I am down to about 10 which is the fsj event world.

If you need pictures of something I will be happy to find them for you. If you have anymore questions just shoot me a pm I will try to find the answer for you.
Stak 3 speed
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Old 08-10-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
And where did all the pics from the original thread go? There was good info in there.
I'll do this, see if it helps (if not it can revert back to being deleted).
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=82193
Undeleted, but locked.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 AM
FSJ Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad
I'll do this, see if it helps (if not it can revert back to being deleted).
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=82193
Undeleted, but locked.

Tad you rock!!!
Stak 3 speed
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
Tad you rock!!!

X2! Thanks Tad.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Gear Head

Wow, I leave town for a dozen days and you guys go post crazy on the other thread and create a new one. If any recon work needs to be done, I can probably run up to Cruces. The only down side is that it now looks like I am moving to Phoenix sometime soon, maybe within the next 30 days. I was really looking forward to this get together, but oh well.

'74 Cherokee, 401
'76 J-20, 401
M725, future project
Old 08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Truck Nut
Wow, I leave town for a dozen days and you guys go post crazy on the other thread and create a new one. If any recon work needs to be done, I can probably run up to Cruces. The only down side is that it now looks like I am moving to Phoenix sometime soon, maybe within the next 30 days. I was really looking forward to this get together, but oh well.

Phoenix isn't too far away. It's under 500 miles I do believe.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Truck Nut
It's ok, "life is what happens while we are busy making other plans".

I'll do the Cruces KOA spy pic's (their pic's suck) over Labor day.
I'm sorry, I have this fear of tenting on gravel with a nude Mulberry tree for shade, might be better than that, if not, I'm a hotel guest.

Still working on my CWI/CWE testing dates.
Friday and Monday are not looking that promising.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Old 08-16-2008, 09:40 PM

Janie and I will be there
Old 08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
FSJ Maniac

Thanks Bill
Stak 3 speed
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Old 08-17-2008, 06:30 PM

Uknown if Crom will be,I am planning on being there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler68
congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein
The birth of CROM is recorded here
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778
Old 08-17-2008, 07:03 PM
FSJ Maniac

Gotcha and thanks!!!
Stak 3 speed
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Old 08-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Master Mechanic

Dad gum it, I'm coming, Wag or no Wag. I have had no down time to work on the steering, but I have made guru's of money, so I recently broke down, and said "I'm going to drop the pig off and pick it up with full hydro installed", but then it wouldn't run good enough to even load on a trailer! Now I have to figure out the sporatic engine before I do hydro. Drop back 5 yards and punt, hoping to get the ball back and make some yards...

Looks like I'll reserve a spot at the rules place with showers, and if I pass out in a camp chair elsewhere, oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjeep44
After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
FSJ Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Willie
Dad gum it, I'm coming, Wag or no Wag. I have had no down time to work on the steering, but I have made guru's of money, so I recently broke down, and said "I'm going to drop the pig off and pick it up with full hydro installed", but then it wouldn't run good enough to even load on a trailer! Now I have to figure out the sporatic engine before I do hydro. Drop back 5 yards and punt, hoping to get the ball back and make some yards...

Looks like I'll reserve a spot at the rules place with showers, and if I pass out in a camp chair elsewhere, oh well.

Darn Will you better get that rig running. Do I need to make a trip to Tyler?????? If not I have a seat or two if you wanna ride out there with me....but I think we can avoid it. Call me.....
Stak 3 speed
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Master Mechanic

Oh ****, I hope you don't have to come to Tyler...I'd get a whoopin for sure! I'm not going to be a passenger, dang it. I'm determined! It cranked yesterday like it's been running fine all along (???) so I loaded it up and towed it to Austin to get new PSC hydro steering. We'll see what all I get done before the trip, but it'll be wheelable at least. Maybe not rock-bashing-worthy, but close enough. PS, the superduty towes like a dream with a little boost from my little chip buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjeep44
After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
304 AMC

Getting closer guys. Everything is looking good for me. I have moved back to El Paso and hope to make a recon trip in the J10 just to re-familiarize with the location of the trails. I'm going to pick up the Sandgorgon first week in Oct. which is still in DFW.

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
J20 running gear and axles
Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
FSJ Maniac

i have found out some news bout cruces!
another member of our local club said a bronco group is going to be having a gathering around the same weekend so we may have some wheeling friends to join up with

i was gonna go over to cruces today,but the friggin rain didnt stop...so i didnt make it...

Last edited by Sambo : 08-30-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Exclamation KOA SITE VISIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo
...i was gonna go over to cruces today,but the friggin rain didnt stop...so i didnt make it...
I just got back.
22 hours on the road, 11 hours in the truck, 560 miles and it rained almost the entire time except at the Cruces KOA.
I'll do the pic's after some food, a nap and some beers.

Confirmed for site 92, October 17-18-19
I just got off the phone with Ralph, Leah did not hold sites (I guess we have a small communication breakdown).

If you are doing KOA you should call now.
575-526-6555

I'll get back to the pic's (after beer) but 88-93 are in grass, 95-99 are on gravel, shade is better in 88-93.
All have picnic tables, next to 93 is a very large grill, most sites have their own grills.
(it's over 40 pic's so it will take a bit).
All the sites are acceptable IMHO, even 76-79.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:

Last edited by Tad : 08-30-2008 at 03:32 PM.