International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 01-15-2020, 07:32 AM
230 Tornado

Suspension

I am trying to figure out how much actual lift I am going to get from a given lift kit. What I mean is, I'm surey springs are sagged (1976 J10), so I am guessing I will get more than the stated lift.
1. Does anyone know stock axle to frame distance for a 86 J10? I have looked and can only find various references to fender to tire measurements, usually for wagoneers. Fender to tire is not very useful tire sizes vary widely and wagoneer body lines aren't the same asy Jtruck.
2. This may be an easier way to figure out what I want to know - has anyone lifted the front with lift springs and the rear with a block (like the rough country lift) and had the back be too low? (I figure any difference in the front and back at that point would be the amount of sag in the rear springs).

My son is considering whether to use new spring packs or blocks in the rear, and I am concerned the blocks may leave the rear low. Is this a real problem?