• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78 WIDETRAC
    350 Buick
    • Aug 19, 2003

Golden Hawk

Does anyone here own a 1980 Golden Hawk Cherokee FSJ?

I can't find that much info about them on the internet.

I did find some pics of one that was on this site in 06, and the one that sold last year on BAT. Not much else.
    Last edited by 78 WIDETRAC; 05-04-2020, 09:27 PM.
  • Bkgw
    232 I6
    • Feb 11, 2016

I have a sales brochure for one. Thats about it. There is a youtube video on one as well.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
      350 Buick
      • Aug 19, 2003

I'm in the process of purchasing one and wanted some info on them. What does the front of the brochure look like? I've been looking on ebay for one.

Comment

• chubbinius
        258 I6
        • Oct 31, 2018

They had one for bid on bringatrailer.com last year. Not a ton of information on it, but quite a few photos https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ee-goldenhawk/

There was also another fellow debating on buying one up your way in Oregon on here back about 10 years ago, chances it might be the same one?
        This 1980 Cherokee Golden Hawk is for sale locally and it is tempting me. I am not well versed in my later jeep models, nor am I well versed in the 6 cylinder types. I am wondering what I could expect for running gear and axles - are they 44's or did the 6 cylinders come with less? What tranny/transfers were in these? I can't

Hope those help.
        1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
        -Dauntless 350 V8
        -D27 front/D44 rear
        2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
          350 Buick
          • Aug 19, 2003

Originally posted by chubbinius
          They had one for bid on bringatrailer.com last year. Not a ton of information on it, but quite a few photos https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ee-goldenhawk/

There was also another fellow debating on buying one up your way in Oregon on here back about 10 years ago, chances it might be the same one?
          This 1980 Cherokee Golden Hawk is for sale locally and it is tempting me. I am not well versed in my later jeep models, nor am I well versed in the 6 cylinder types. I am wondering what I could expect for running gear and axles - are they 44's or did the 6 cylinders come with less? What tranny/transfers were in these? I can't

Hope those help.

I checked out the one on BAT in person not to buy... Just checking the dudes collection of jeeps out. That's the only reason I knew about them.

Also It is the exact jeep in the thread, still has the same seat covers and side winged window stickers. Just beat to crap!!!!! It was up in northeast washington, and used as a mudding truck.
          Last edited by 78 WIDETRAC; 05-10-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Bkgw
            232 I6
            • Feb 11, 2016

Originally posted by 78 WIDETRAC
            I'm in the process of purchasing one and wanted some info on them. What does the front of the brochure look like? I've been looking on ebay for one.
            It is a mostly white cover....book is more horizontal in shape, has a golden hawk decal design and says " all new in 1980 jeep cj golden hawk and cherokee golden hawk." It flips open...upwards and shows the two golden hawks . It also shows the options and prices

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
              350 Buick
              • Aug 19, 2003

Originally posted by Bkgw
              It is a mostly white cover....book is more horizontal in shape, has a golden hawk decal design and says " all new in 1980 jeep cj golden hawk and cherokee golden hawk." It flips open...upwards and shows the two golden hawks . It also shows the options and prices

Bkgw....Thank you for the info. Is there any kind of date on the cover? I think I'll include Cj's in my search now. I might have a better chance finding it.

Comment

• Bkgw
                232 I6
                • Feb 11, 2016

01/80

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                  350 Buick
                  • Aug 19, 2003

Well..... it's mine now. It is the same one that was posted about 10 years ago. Same stickers on the windows and seat covers.

It went to Northern Idaho. spent 2010-2020 there. Then a short stay in Montana

Then Back to Oregon 2 days ago. It's condition is quite different from the pic's posted 10 years ago.

Last long term owner never transfered the title. It was bought out of Camas Washington area repair shop. Owner on the title bought it when it was 8 years old.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                    Administrator
                    • Oct 31, 2016

YYEESSssssssss!!!!!
                    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                    (Cherokee Build Thread)
                    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                      350 Buick
                      • Aug 19, 2003

More pics

Ultra rare option. a hand crafted 3/4" plywood tail gate.

Same seat covers.. I dare you to find another FSJ with them!

6 cyl with a offenhauser intake. Non running at the moment. I think they quit driving it after the Alt froze up and threw the belt.

A prime example of a low mile rig that only shows a touch under 3500 miles

Extremly pristine Levi interior obviously proves the low miles.

The Golden hawk Hood Decal.

I'll admit. You might be skeptical about the miles, but the pristine upper quarters show you that it must have been garaged most of it's life.

I hope this Post has been at least sort of entertaining. I'm not sure what the plan is yet on this one and it won't happen until I sell one of the others. Probably the 79 Chief. I just don't have room for more than 4.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 31, 2016

How do you keep finding these wide tracks with solid rear flares?!?! You find more in places where they salt roads than I do down in CA!!
                        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                        (Cherokee Build Thread)
                        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
                          258 I6
                          • Dec 17, 2018

I found this extremely entertaining!

Cant wait to see what you do next!
                          Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
                          Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
                          PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
                          "Soon" is a relative term.
                          Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                            350 Buick
                            • Aug 19, 2003

I got the hawk to run out of it's own fuel tank and move.... I had to add 3-1/2 quarts of tranny fluid.

So I guess I can say it runs and drives & stops! All not very well. but hey its progress.

I love the straight 6 in this thing. I just wish it still had the original manual trans.

The exhaust does not smoke at all, however there is smoke coming out of the valve cover port that feeds back to the air cleaner. Does this mean blow by from the rings?

I need to replace the leaking water pump, and install fan belts. and put the check valve on the booster so I can hook up vacuum.

Where can I get the rubber grommet for the check valve? mine is all cracked and I'm sure will leak.

It is usually something I have in my parts stash, but I don't.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 31, 2016

I bought a check valve for my booster and it came with a new grommet.

So what is the long term plan for this one?
                              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                              (Cherokee Build Thread)
                              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                              X