• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rm126
    232 I6
    • Apr 17, 2000

Lift options for a 68 wag?

Any companies out there making kits for these rigs?
    79 Cherokee Chief Wide Trac<BR>258 I-6<BR>Offenhauser Intake w/Holley 390 4bbl.<BR>Crane Cam, Springs and Lifters <BR>Borla Header<BR>TH400/QT w/Low Range
  • jamchico
    232 I6
    • Apr 09, 2000

I just had a Rancho 3in lift done on mine and I love the look. I went with the Rancho 9000 shocks because the were buy 3 and get one free. They are pricey, but that made them comparable. The kit comes with new front leaf springs (which I needed anyway, shocks, add a leafs for the back (which couldn't hurt), blocks and new poly bushings. I had it done at Les Schawb. The only bad part was I had to have the drive shaft remade. With a 3in lift the drive line was over 5 degrees off. The good part is that now I have a cv joint instead of that wornout T joint and a new ujoint. The whole thing came close to $900 when I drove home, but it doesn't look like the family station wagon anymore!!!
    Allen
    69 wag

Comment

• rm126
      232 I6
      • Apr 17, 2000

My buddy just bought a really nice wag, and he's looking around for an all spring 4 inch kit, but most of the companies we called only made them for the later model fsj's. Anyhow, I think my next fsj's gonna be a wagoneer. After seeing his, I want one.

------------------
      79 Cherokee Chief Wide Trac
      258 I-6
      Offenhauser Intake w/Holley 390 4bbl.
      Crane Cam, Springs and Lifters
      Borla Header
      TH400/QT w/Low Range
      79 Cherokee Chief Wide Trac<BR>258 I-6<BR>Offenhauser Intake w/Holley 390 4bbl.<BR>Crane Cam, Springs and Lifters <BR>Borla Header<BR>TH400/QT w/Low Range

Comment

• rm126
        232 I6
        • Apr 17, 2000

What's the ride quality like with the rancho's? I've heard stories of rancho kits having a really rough ride.

Comment

Working...
        X