So I have been doing a mild restore on my 82 Wagoneer. I decided I also wanted to redo the exhaust as it was in poor condition and I had the engine out to rebuild and upgraded a few things with it so I wanted a little better exhaust than the old leaky one that was on it...
1-Flow master dual in single out stainless muffler
3-2.25" 180 degree stainless u bends
2-3" 180 degree stainless u bends
2-3"X4' straight stainless pipes
2-2.25" 4' straight stainless pipes
2-2.25" single in and single out stainless catholic converters with O2 bungs
1-Flowmaster stainless tip
I used the catholic converters because it's better for the environment and little quieter.
I usually start at the manifolds when I do these, but I was still waiting on some parts for the engine before I put it in so I started this one at the muffler and went back to the tail pipe. After that I moved forward and curved the left side to touch the right side so they would both go below the original Y pipe mount and above the transmission cross member. The next night I was able to install the engine and finish going forward to connect to the manifolds.
I really wanted to have stainless from the manifolds back so I turned down a little piece of steel to match the 34 or so degree angle on the manifold and heat riser. I then cut some little stubs of stainless and used the ironworker to flare the pipe to match the manifold's.
I ended up using all but about 20 degree's of the 2.25" and maybe 90 degree's of the 3" and probably 3' of the 2.25".
I am using standard rubber tailpipe hangers with stainless mounts that go over to the frame using 1 1/2" stainless angle. U also used 5/16" stainless rod to go into the rubber hangers.
Everything is fitted up and I should be able to finish tig welding and get everything installed over the weekend. Fingers crossed I can fire the engine as well and start driving this thing by the end of the month...
Once I get the system all welded I'll snap some more pics on the ground before I install it.