International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Build Threads

Old 01-28-2019, 10:39 AM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps
Thanks Dave. I am getting there.. These last details seem to be time consuming. But the list of items is shrinking. It has been a serious haul.

Started May of 2010 ? Is that right ?? Yikes. Mega work.

Whatever will you do when this is out of your shop? You must be attached to it by now!

1977 "401" 'Da Chief
1979 Chero: "Madness"
1985 CJ : Renegade -locked and loaded
2001 XJ : Driver 1998 XJ 2 door

'Da Chief here: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...ighlight=chief

"Madness" build here:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=89280
Old 01-28-2019, 12:23 PM
304 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu4whln
Started May of 2010 ? Is that right ?? Yikes. Mega work.

Whatever will you do when this is out of your shop? You must be attached to it by now!

Yes 2010... I am a shade embarrassed about that. I used to get worked up about it but it just made me less effective. So realizing Sadie was pretty trashed when I started, it just takes time to make something nice. And time to develop and make parts that were not available till I figured them out and made them. 3 big moves and way to many family funerals has slowed me down some. I guess that is my excuse... And yes I am very attached.
Sadie will stay in the family. Bill the owner is a very dear friend from 6th grade. He is in Seattle my old home town. And one of the most patient and well balanced people I know. It is an honor to build his wagoneer for him.

There is a 1968 Jeepster in the shop waiting for me now. It belongs to a guy about 6 hours away. It won't be anything but a couple rust holes to fix, paint and emblems. I will probably put it on a different forum. Maybe early CJ.

Then there is my 69 X model. I really want it back driving and painted. It has a narrowed Dana 60-2 and a front open knuckle disc dana 44 with a 5 lug conversion. A winch, lift etc. The body will be essentially stock. I have a pile of NOS stuff for it. My second very loved rig I ever bought. The first I still have, a 69 CJ-5 that is built to the moon and back. 37 years I have had that rig.

I want to also build a Jeep truck and keep it. I will have (2) 71 camper special's after Saturday. I have a 71 J4000 and a 70 J3000 here already. I will be selling some stuff later. I need to.

I also want to fix a 53 Willys wagon bone stock, a 83 CJ-7, a 83 FJ60 wagon,
and a 41 year old Fiberform cabin cruiser boat. The boat is getting a new motor right now.

I doubt I will live long enough to accomplish all this. So despite that, yes I have plans.... I left a lot out. It's boring anyway...

I really like the Cherokee in your avatar. The color is perfect and those rigs are really something. Did I mention I want one? I missed a good one a few years back.

Off to the shop... With coffee of course.

EDIT looking for a Jeep T-98 4 speed or parts. Please see wanted ad for 401 engine.
Thanks...

Holy Moly, I am done.....

Most users ever online was 656, 06-30-2007 at 09:50 PM.
I was there! Still waiting for my Tee shirt...

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 and 71 project J trucks
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7

Last edited by Kaiserjeeps : 01-28-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:37 PM
350 Buick

Thanks for the info!

I was in no way suggesting you are slow - In fact, you are super dedicated and committed to the details. Have enjoyed reading and seeing this Waggy come together. Dedication sums it up !

I, like you, have small Jeep problem... Lots of "plans", but realize, at 60 yrs old, I will have to focus on one at a time now.
[ I have a CJ that has been with me over 20 years.. and I love it. All 3 of my daughters own/drive Jeeps .. they love Jeeps too! ]

The yellow Chief was my first full size build.. it quickly spun out of control ... [link to Madness build in my sig] and was sold off after a couple of SEMA appearances ...
NOT because I wanted to.. but it was just stupid, stupid, money.

A 1977 401 Chief is my current project .. I keep telling myself it wont become a major build.. Hmm, well, that seems NOT to be working... imagine that.

Anyway, I love seeing your craftsmanship documented. Great info for us rookies. I use these threads for ideas and "How To's" all the time.

OK - back to stalking status . . . Carry on sir.

1977 "401" 'Da Chief
1979 Chero: "Madness"
1985 CJ : Renegade -locked and loaded
2001 XJ : Driver 1998 XJ 2 door

'Da Chief here: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...ighlight=chief

"Madness" build here:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=89280
Old 01-29-2019, 07:09 PM
304 AMC

If your rig was at SEMA especially more than once, well I would say calling yourself a rookie is not a good description. I have been there just once. That is a place for perfection. I am going to have a look at your madness build when the day is done and I have peace and quiet to enjoy it. I too like reading everyones stuff. There are some pretty impressive builders here. It is better than TV.

I enjoyed the chat.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7
Old 02-01-2019, 08:07 AM
232 I6

Quote:
It has a narrowed Dana 60-2 and a front open knuckle disc dana 44 with a 5 lug conversion

That is super cool, I had the same axle setup in my first J10 but standard width. I look forward to seeing your X here too hopefully.

Still quietly following along with your progress, incredible work as always!
Old 02-01-2019, 01:17 PM
304 AMC

I hope to post up my x model here also. The parts I am making for Sadie will apply there. So great learning on how to accomplish it as I go. I hope to get back in the shop to keep going. I have had a lot going on and I need to keep going out there. Not being out there nags me more than I can explain.

No jeep truck recoveries this weekend as it was canceled due to my friend being super sick. So I will be freed up to get some quality shop time in.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7
Old 02-01-2019, 10:36 PM
304 AMC

Had a nice trip to the mailbox today. I had some seat belt decals made.
They showed up and look great. I bought some from a nice guy that went to the trouble to get some made. I did not hear from him regarding the decals despite some emails detailing each of our projects and went ahead with getting some made. Then I got his email that his were on the way. Sorry Mike if you are reading this. I thought you had forgotten or something.

Here is an original.

I tried to find metal backing and asked about embossing since the word Jeep and the outer edges are framed in with embossing. It was not available but the shop came up with a fantastic solution.
I am really pleased with it.

Gray, silver and black. There is a protective clear overlay to protect the decal. They are thick and will duplicate the original very well.

Super close up. Funny... I noticed the right hand border is off. It is narrow compared to the left. I was surprised to see the original is the very same way. This company make very accurate reproductions.

It should do... Yes I will be selling these...

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7
Old 02-05-2019, 10:06 PM
304 AMC

Well I have been chasing minor issues with the electrical system and I keep thinking I am just about done. Well I guess I am. Almost... I am having issues with the instrument cluster and the round gang plug not fitting well. The half round terminals are beat to heck and the terminal shell is in poor condition. Plus the pins are now loose. So I decided to order a new circuit board from Partsdude4x4 and a new terminal shell loaded with new terminals. The empty shell is 24 bucks and a loaded one with 1 foot leads is 29 bucks. That is a no brainer and both are on the way. I searched for quite a while and was not able to find the terminals. I know they are out there but getting them without hours of searching is a bonus... I am going to cut the leads off about half way and epoxy heat shrink everything together. The extra 5 or so inches of wire will make it possible to hook the darn plug in just outside the dash. There will be no tension on the group of wires with a few extra inches on it. So it should be an improvement. More on all that later. It is almost a done deal...

So never afraid to dive head first into unknown territory I decided to access the seat belt situation. I had a lot of them. They are all in pretty rough condition. Talking with Bill we decided to put two up front and three in back. That will cover the wife riding shotgun and his three boys in back. Anybody else will have to ride on the roof.

Here is what I needed. This book has saved me a dozen times at least. The other 70 is in the yard frozen in with glacial like hard snow up to the hood. I either look in the book or go out and take a look. Well not this time...

I picked my best seat belt plastic pillar pockets, and the best sleeves for the floor. Here are Sadies belts in the foreground. Front seat on the right and the back seat belts on the left. All the others are extra back there. Honestly none of them look worthy of what I need.

They needed redying. So I studied up on it. It is complex since the material is nylon and there is a plastic buckle on it. You can't just head down to the market and buy a box of black RIT dye. Apparently that stuff does not work. You need an acid dye and high temp for the nylon for a good job on it. The acid is vinegar measured in and the solution needs to be brought up to about 195 degrees and stirred. For about 20 or so minutes.
Here is a link for anyone who might want to do this to your seatbelts.

https://www.jacquardproducts.com/acid-dye

I elected not to. Here is why... You would have to keep the plastic buckles away from the heat. The belt would have to be tugged back and forth through the buckle and submerged and stirred for an even dye job. I would need to drive an hour one way to a Goodwill store for a big used pot to do this in. Plus the nylon looked tired and almost frayed in some spots. The final reason is I have about 450 feet of brand new seat belt webbing left over from a custom seat cushion I used to make for military trucks. And the real final reason is I have an upholstery sewing machine that is more than capable that is loaded with an extremely strong nylon thread that you cannot break no matter how hard you try. So here is the heading into unknown territory part...

Yes I realize these are a safety device. Do I trust that I can make something that will protect Bill, his wife and three outstanding sons with zero failures. Yes I do. If I have any doubts they won't go in and another solution will be found. Companies want stupid money for such a potential liability issue. I checked. I will be doing the exact same work as they would. So please have faith and no you should not do that comments.

With that being said...

Here is a section of new webbing being tested for grab by the buckle roller on a reject buckle that had a chip out of it. It grabs well and I was not able to make it slip.

After cutting all the belts away. Everything was dirty and starting to corrode.

A good wash and I was amazed how dirty the water was. I used dawn dish soap to cut finger oils from the buckles. and a scrub brush..

I had trouble getting the epoxy coating off. Really hot water helped but it was tough. There was corrosion and dirt underneath so I wanted to remove it. This coating is to dull the edge of the metal buckle. It makes a softer and rounded edge for the seat belt webbing. There would be a risk of the belt getting cut and failing in a hard collision if this stuff was not there.
Jeep could have done more to dull the slot edge before coating it I think.

I discovered a wire wheel removes it pretty well. Then I polished each buckle with 0000 steel wool and was super pleased that it cleaned all the surface rust right off. I was preparing to soak in Must for Rust and did not have to.

Meanwhile I sprayed the buckles with Plasticote vinyl black paint. It is made for plastic and has tall claims of not rubbing, chipping or fading off.. Well good. Here it is partially dry. Is this ART??

Well the site had a fit with my post being over 10K characters ... LOL Imagine that..

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7
Old 02-05-2019, 10:07 PM
304 AMC

Part two...

So then I needed to put back the epoxy for the dull edge inside the buckle for protecting the nylon. I bought this epoxy resin to repair a vintage snowmobile and it is perfect for what I need. Now conventional fiberglass resin is polyester resin. Polyester resin has next to no strength without the fiberglass in it. Epoxy resin is tremendously strong even without fiberglass. Combined with fiberglass it is extremely durable. So if any of you plan on fiberglass work, be sure to get EPOXY resin and double the strength of your repair. That is why this product used alone with no glass is a good choice. It bonds well and has a lot of strength.

Total boat with fast hardener. Purchased from Jamestown distributors. The fast hardener has a work time of 30 to 40 minutes. That is not fast to me. It meant repeated dips and scraping the drips off the bottom of the buckles.
It gets hot. Really hot. I picked up the little dipping container to see how cured it was and almost burned my gloved fingers. I had it sitting on cardboard. I don't think it could have combusted into a fire, but I set it down on the concrete to be safe. Quite a reaction of a very small container.

The dipping process. I dipped each part 4 times. and hung them on a 2x6 with screws. Only the male side of the buckle unit had epoxy. I am putting epoxy on every part. Apparently some 42 year old guy named JR made these at the Jeep factory....

After it started curing I inverted each one and watched the epoxy flow ever so slowly to the edge I wanted to cover. It actually worked fantastic. Not bad for a first run of trying. I now have a nice rounded edge right where I want it.

So the plastic buckles dried the rest of the way and look just great. They are all the same shade now. I will leave them and pull the masking tomorrow. I used a hole punch to make the round masking using tape over the pivot shaft in the sides. You will see it later.

The new decals will go on last after new webbing is sewed.

Inverting every buckle and examining closely for any odd runs and problems. I had to go on a vise grip hunt after realizing I needed to invert them.

I got the belts measured sewed folds and all. The short ones are 25 inches, long ones 44 inches.

Think I will have enough?

All new belts cut and heat sealed on the cuts so they don't fray. The new small shop is really proving it's worth. I would have no room for this work in the main shop. Grateful....

I am going to let everything dry and cure for a day or so. It is cold here. Single digits especially at night. Tough to paint and use epoxy. I am pretty happy with all of it so far despite the challenge of making heat.

These new belts are going to look pretty good with the new decals. I am tempted to stick one on but had better wait.

More soon....

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7

Last edited by Kaiserjeeps : 02-05-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:47 PM
304 AMC

I guess I could not wait to see it. The backing is still on the decal. Looks almost new.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7
Old 02-06-2019, 10:25 AM
232 I6

Quote:
I guess I could not wait to see it. The backing is still on the decal. Looks almost new.

Wow, that looks absolutely incredible...of course so does everything else you have done to and for Sadie. Absolutely incredible!

btw...would you be willing to sell new belts/buckles? My 1970 could use something that pretty.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:37 PM
304 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbinius
Wow, that looks absolutely incredible...of course so does everything else you have done to and for Sadie. Absolutely incredible!

btw...would you be willing to sell new belts/buckles? My 1970 could use something that pretty.

I think I could probably rebuild your existing belts. I do have a few but didn't want to part with to many. Some are no good. I still need to find good ones in my stash for my X model. I will send you a PM with some thoughts.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7
Old 02-06-2019, 10:51 PM
304 AMC

I can almost type normal... My hands and feet are frozen. 4 degrees and dropping. I don't have a decent effective heater in the new mini shop. I will have to work on that. I finished the 5 belts for Sadie this evening. Two days and a lot of messing around. It was worth it. I duplicated the stitching that was on the original belts. I am a little klutsy on the machine, but quickly got the hang of it. 15 ends to sew. Bill decided he did want a 3rd set for the front. I will clean up a 3rd set for the front seat when things slow down some and get them to him later. He can install them at his leisure or at least have them handy.

Making it happen. One end at a time...

And all done. It is really great to cross this off the must do list. That list is getting shorter.

So far so good...

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7

Last edited by Kaiserjeeps : 02-06-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:53 PM
327 Rambler

Al! Your work is incredible as always, my friend!

Color me inspired. I'm about to start work on the bed of the 63, I believe. And Todd's threatening to swing through Baton Rouge and check out my (not so) handy work! Graduation in May, the wedding is in November, 2019 is shaping up to be one helluva year.

You should make a trip down south some time. It was 85 today.

Oh, I remembered what I started this post to ask... did you ever find the smaller lock cylinder seals? I also tried the ones from BJ's and they're completely useless on the older rigs despite being listed as a fit.

If all goes well, we can toast to accidental successes.

I'm convinced I'm just too dumb to know that I can't restore this old truck...
Old 02-07-2019, 12:21 PM
304 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63J200atLSU
Al! Your work is incredible as always, my friend!

Color me inspired. I'm about to start work on the bed of the 63, I believe. And Todd's threatening to swing through Baton Rouge and check out my (not so) handy work! Graduation in May, the wedding is in November, 2019 is shaping up to be one helluva year.

You should make a trip down south some time. It was 85 today.

Oh, I remembered what I started this post to ask... did you ever find the smaller lock cylinder seals? I also tried the ones from BJ's and they're completely useless on the older rigs despite being listed as a fit.

I was just recently wondering what you have been up to. Funny timing and glad to hear from you. First off, congratulations times 2!! Between your wedding and graduating, you have a lot of good stuff happening. There are good times ahead of you Greg. Super!!

It was minus 6 degrees this morning. Standing on the porch you can hear trees cracking. It expands moisture and blows up branches. I will never fully understand mother nature. But I know she always wins and is not something to ever underestimate. I have a good coat.
I really would like to wander down your way someday. It sounds like a great part of the country. And 85 does not sound to bad either.
It would be great to meet you in person.

So no I have not found door lock grommets. What I now want to do is build two or more forms and cast up my own. Something about "in my spare time" comes to mind. But I need them so it will happen soon. I am in the zone when running the lathe. I love machine work. So I will keep you in the know on it. And I will post the process. Maybe that is my plan today...
Thanks for the nudge.

Congrats again!!!

EDIT: Interesting find today. Most wags and J trucks it appears did not have door lock cylinder gaskets. My 69, the 71 J truck and all the extra doors in storage do not have them.. The 70 wagoneer in the yard does. They are small and very thin and breaking apart from such a thin backing. I cannot get the doors open from ice and snow. I wanted to pull a sample but can't just yet. So Greg if you are reading this. It appears they came with or without. It does not appear to matter.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7

Last edited by Kaiserjeeps : 02-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:07 AM
327 Rambler

Quote:
I was just recently wondering what you have been up to. Funny timing and glad to hear from you. First off, congratulations times 2!! Between your wedding and graduating, you have a lot of good stuff happening. There are good times ahead of you Greg. Super!!

It was minus 6 degrees this morning. Standing on the porch you can hear trees cracking. It expands moisture and blows up branches. I will never fully understand mother nature. But I know she always wins and is not something to ever underestimate. I have a good coat.
I really would like to wander down your way someday. It sounds like a great part of the country. And 85 does not sound to bad either.
It would be great to meet you in person.

So no I have not found door lock grommets. What I now want to do is build two or more forms and cast up my own. Something about "in my spare time" comes to mind. But I need them so it will happen soon. I am in the zone when running the lathe. I love machine work. So I will keep you in the know on it. And I will post the process. Maybe that is my plan today...
Thanks for the nudge.

Congrats again!!!

EDIT: Interesting find today. Most wags and J trucks it appears did not have door lock cylinder gaskets. My 69, the 71 J truck and all the extra doors in storage do not have them.. The 70 wagoneer in the yard does. They are small and very thin and breaking apart from such a thin backing. I cannot get the doors open from ice and snow. I wanted to pull a sample but can't just yet. So Greg if you are reading this. It appears they came with or without. It does not appear to matter.

Very interesting. I was thinking about using some sort of thin soft material and a punch and making something, just to remove the small amount of play in the lock cylinder without having too much metal-lock-on-painted-door action. I'm giving some though to using a lightweight foam like toolchest liner, I just need to find the right punch to make it with. Ideally it wouldn't be visible, it would just fill that gap and reduce the possibility of moisture entering (from the rain I refuse to drive in...)

Side note. I got a set of dog dish hubcaps with the center cut out for the 4wd hubs, but they appear to be for a smaller locking hub than the lock-o-matic that came on the J200. Any suggestions for how to enlarge that hole to the correct size? I just got my powder coat setup finished and am itching to get the MT's on some fresh white rims. I also just found some very cool 60 year old pine tongue and groove flooring that I'm going to surface and construct my bed sides out of. I promise, I will actually post updates on that...

Yesterday, my beginner jogging class was complaining about the heat outside during our run. I thought of you, whilst in my shorts and short sleeve shirt.

If all goes well, we can toast to accidental successes.

I'm convinced I'm just too dumb to know that I can't restore this old truck...
Old 02-12-2019, 11:44 AM
304 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63J200atLSU
Very interesting. I was thinking about using some sort of thin soft material and a punch and making something, just to remove the small amount of play in the lock cylinder without having too much metal-lock-on-painted-door action. I'm giving some though to using a lightweight foam like toolchest liner, I just need to find the right punch to make it with. Ideally it wouldn't be visible, it would just fill that gap and reduce the possibility of moisture entering (from the rain I refuse to drive in...)

Side note. I got a set of dog dish hubcaps with the center cut out for the 4wd hubs, but they appear to be for a smaller locking hub than the lock-o-matic that came on the J200. Any suggestions for how to enlarge that hole to the correct size? I just got my powder coat setup finished and am itching to get the MT's on some fresh white rims. I also just found some very cool 60 year old pine tongue and groove flooring that I'm going to surface and construct my bed sides out of. I promise, I will actually post updates on that...

Yesterday, my beginner jogging class was complaining about the heat outside during our run. I thought of you, whilst in my shorts and short sleeve shirt.

As I sit in minus 17.... Actually it has warmed up to 19 above. A foot of snow last night and a foot more on the way. I live in my plow truck when this happens.

The bed sounds like it will be just great!! Be sure and keep all of us satisfied with lots of pictures. On the hubcaps... I have it on my list to make a press die to form the rolled edge found on a factory hubcap. Lots get cut out and they look terrible in my opinion. So I would turn out a rear cap on the lathe and roll the edge on the bearing press with said die. Since yours are already cut and most likely factory rolled, you might need a new set modified. I suspect trying to make it bigger won't go well.

I still want to make lock cylinder gaskets. But the only pre 71 rig here with them on is now almost hidden by snow. Frozen ice snow... I wanted a sample and one is in fair condition and almost intact on the passenger door. I don't now how well the rubber I cast with will handle UV rays.
But it is worth a shot.. I am going to have to wait till the season gets along some. Our winter is late this year and it is dumping snow like crazy as I write. Knowing you need these I will try to step it up some.
Now where are my snow plowing shorts?

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7
Old 02-12-2019, 02:09 PM
350 Buick

seatbelt work = fantastic..... no surprise.

2 odd facts about vehicle seat belt material and vehicle carpet:

my mother and dad met at an allied chemical plant in hopewell virginia
where they worked in the mid to late 60's

one of the things they made was seatbelt material.

I bet it was used in a lot of U.S cars/trucks.

the carpet in a 1979 trans am I restored had a tag from the manufacturer
of the carpet,.....J.P. Stevens co.

where I believe the true story and movie of "norma rae" was written about.
portrayed by sally field....who we know has connections with car movies we like

dave in nc
1988 grand wagoneer
2004 RUBICON jeep
Benson, NC
Old 02-13-2019, 09:27 AM
327 Rambler

Quote:
I think I could probably rebuild your existing belts. I do have a few but didn't want to part with to many. Some are no good. I still need to find good ones in my stash for my X model. I will send you a PM with some thoughts.

No offense intended to you or anyone else, but I would not recommend you rebuild seatbelts for others. The liability is just too great. There are professional places that will rebuild and/or re-web seatbelts. Let them take on the responsibility.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:11 PM
304 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouring442
No offense intended to you or anyone else, but I would not recommend you rebuild seatbelts for others. The liability is just too great. There are professional places that will rebuild and/or re-web seatbelts. Let them take on the responsibility.

I agree completely. That was the first thing on my mind. So I won't be doing that for that very reason and my seemingly big issue of not having enough time. At least till Sadie is done. For the other projects that is.
I did get him set up with a spare (untouched) belt and some decals so he could rebuild his own. That is the best thing.

The companies that do belts are crazy expensive. Unreasonably so... But I get it and honestly, thanks for the very sound advice.

Dave that is a great story about your parents. That name is printed on the belts here. I wonder if they handled them back then?

I got up at 3:30 am to plow snow yet again. We got 25 inches in two days. We already had 18 or 20 on the ground. It is up to my waist. I just got done digging out our windows. The sluff off the roof went 6 plus feet high and blocked our view out. Crazy ... We are no longer shy of snow this year.
I don't get much done in the shop when this happens. I am pretty beat and need a nap. I am hoping tomorrow I can get some shop time in.

And last Friday I flew to Seattle to hang out with Bill and family. I hated to leave. I drove back Sunday in a blizzard after picking up his nephews 2001 cummins 24 valve dodge 3500. Finally a real tow rig.
I now have a tow rig to haul sadie home to that madhouse called Seattle.

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1983 FJ60 wagon
CJ-5's and a 7

Last edited by Kaiserjeeps : 02-13-2019 at 07:18 PM.