International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Gear Head

crummy pics and alittle info on my jeep

Guess i should get around to my introduction since i have been posting to the site a bit in the last 2 weeks

My jeep is a 91 waggy. For the most part the jeep is in really good shape fires easy makes good power sounds awesome just that the guy i got it from did some hairbrained things (luckily not many) to it that i have to sort out. Told me it had a bad cam because it was missing bad and back fireing turned out to be 2 flipped plugged wires at the dizzy and the bad connection at the coil. Thats really about it. I got it for a hell of a deal traded 2 junk viragos a early 80s 750 and a 84 1000 i had for a chopper project that didn't run for it. At some point the guy he got it from was going to throw a stock 4 barrel intake and carb on it when they decided to sell it and swap the edelbrock and carb that was on it over to another jeep he had but dropped the stock intake and broke a ear off it so i got stuck with a 2 barrel intake and carb...did a good job on installing the intake though no leaks at all. Only other thing that was wroung is that it uses a old style temp sensor from god knows what that drives my indash batty so i went to a mechanical gauge installed in the tstat houseing. They also removed all smog equipment. I love this thing have always been crazy about the fsj i had a 77 2 door with a 401 edelbrok intake and carb dynomax full tube headers (cheap but they worked well) and manual tranny in highschool that oddly enough i traded another non running virago bike for. The thing was beat to crap and rusted so bad that the tail gate was growing moss but man was that thing awesome offroad. The top end exploded on me and at the time i was not in a position to be able to fix so had to sell it and have wanted a fsj ever since finally got a good one 10 years l8r.

Sorry these pics are bad they are from the ad for the jeep when i got will get more/better pics at a l8r date

Old 12-29-2009, 04:06 AM
Master Mechanic

Sure looks like an engine fire happened at some point.

Welcome to the FSJ addiction!
77 360 W/T Cherokee Chief *Blair Jeep Project III* http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=113707

Sacramento, CA USA
Old 12-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Grease Monkey

Welcome from NC
“Nice Jeep Bro!!!! Do some Jeep Stuff!!!!.”

Old 12-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Dragin Az

I like those rims. Nice waggy

46 cj2a

51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service bed
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/
Old 12-29-2009, 09:54 AM

It looks a lot like my jeep, just with more wood. Those wheels should polish up very nicely. I love the 5-slots.
'77 Toyota Celica GT (x2)
Old 12-29-2009, 10:04 AM
350 Buick

Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Master Mechanic

Welcome from the South

Big Jeep wave to you...
Rhino Grill
BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
##########
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261
Old 12-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsadasayago
Sure looks like an engine fire happened at some point.

Welcome to the FSJ addiction!

I was thinking that also. Guess it is possible theres was 1 accident reported on my vin report but the jeep was never totaled out and i would think a engine fire would cause it to be totaled if anything.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Gear Head

more pictures of the jeep

got a camera and decided to test it i would take some pics and short vid of the jeep. I one of them i was trying to show mystock temp gauge compared to the aftermarket one on my dash. Video link is just a short sound clip of what it sounds like running no idea what muffler is on it but i like the sound of it. Ment to take a pic of the rear did to see if you guys could tell me what it is. I don't think its a amc 20 but then again the only i have dealt with is from a cj the cover on it looks different then the one on my rear end now. All and all its not bad for free. Traded a 95 caddy i got for free that i had to fix for 2 non running bikes for a chopper project traded the bikes in non running condition for the jeep running with 2 bad missing and back fireing turned out 2 spark plug wires where flipped on it.

gotta work on getting the overhead temp and compass stuff to work.

brand spanking new springs to take place of the sagging rears and lift blocks. Atleast i think they are lift springs and not stock lol lot more arch to them the ones that are on it.

195* on the dash temp gauge installed into the tstat houseing maxed out on the stock gauge installed into the intake with a god knows what its from sensor and wierd plug that definately isn't right for my year.

if the ground wasn't all wet from melting snow i would have got some pics of the the underside
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Gear Head

thats my sensor with the circle around it for the built in temp gauge.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6xdemonx6x
I was thinking that also. Guess it is possible theres was 1 accident reported on my vin report but the jeep was never totaled out and i would think a engine fire would cause it to be totaled if anything.
If you mean carfax report..it's a joke only way anything shows up on carfax is if it's been in a shop through the insurance company. If you total your rig and break it in half, drag it home and repair it with old bed frames nothing will ever show up on carfax
Old 01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Gear Head

LOL good point. dont understand why they would paint the engine bay and not the hood and fenders though...the fenders do show my warpage on both sides could be due to high heat. Now that i think about the paint on the underside of the hood looks awful new and shiney

Last edited by x6xdemonx6x : 01-12-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Too bad you're so far away cause if the wag isn't enough of project for you I've got a totally burned up J4000 to trade. What ya got in non-running bikes laying around?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Gear Head

lol aside from some wireing issues and me being stupid and snapping bolts off the jeeps runs and drives fine so not really much of a project. As far as bikes go i got nothing at the moment. Did have a 70 Triumph bonneville hardtail that needed some engine work but i sold it awhile back. I got a broke down 96 mazda 626 that either needs a timeing belt or a new ecm though