International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tech Archives > Electrical

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2000, 10:02 AM
ClarkGriswald's Avatar
ClarkGriswald ClarkGriswald is offline
Master Mechanic
Join Date: Jul 03, 2000
Location: Bloomingdale MI , USA
Posts: 1,477

Been thinking bout removing my mech fuelpump from my 360 and put on an electric one.. but was curious about something.. what is the pressure of the gas supposed to be? I suppose the elec pumps are regulated somehow, is this right? And are there plates available from a manufacturer to block off the hole left by the missing orig pump? or do I have to just make one? thanx for any info...

88 Grand Wagoneer
D44's front\rear
AMC 360
TF 727
NP 229 (Funky)
Bone Stock (for now)
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2000, 02:22 PM
Join Date: Jul 17, 2000
Location: LEEDS, AL U.S.
Posts: 37

You need to install a regulator with an electric.I run 2.5psi highway and 4.5psi major off road.Your mech pumper should put out 3 to 5 psi.Lastly a cover for a big block chevy fits the timming cover perfect.Mounting seems to be the biggist point of discussion. I mounted mine to a L bracket and put it on the skid plate for the fuel tank inboard, then built a cover for it. There are lots of cheap pumps out there, buy a good one(holly and such). Good luck!!

79 Cherokee
360 Stroker/TH400/QT/44's
edelbrock performer pac
3"lift 33x12.5
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
corner corner