View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 06:41 PM
350 Buick

Yesterday was power steering day. Turned out the pump was also leaking (in addition to the pressure hose). So I hunted around for a new pump in the morning and installed the pump, hoses and new belts in the afternoon.

Today I repaired a rust spot in the forward corner of the roof, which I discovered when I pulled the windshield. I cut out the bad metal, fabricated a metal patch, and welded it in. Very time consuming. Tomorrow I will definitely begin body work on the cab.

Attached are photos of the painted tailgate hanging over the hood of the Jaguar like the Sword of Damacles. (I'm running out of inside space to hang/store body parts). Anyway, it gives a good idea of how the hot rod black color will appear. I painted the tailgate twice because I was initially unhappy with the bodywork and then again because I was unhappy with the orange peel. Note that this will be a single stage finish, although I could overcoat with clear later.

DSCN1422 by Rufus, on Flickr
DSCN1423 by Rufus, on Flickr
J10 - Body channel (3 inch drop @ front); dechromed; shaved side parking lights, antenna, and hood trim bar. Ford mirrors, roll pans, side exhaust, 16 inch wheels, custom dash, new interior, Edelbrocked 360, HEI, T18/208 (J20), rear disk brakes, goose neck and bumper hitches.

Last edited by Towtruck : 02-21-2019 at 06:49 PM.