• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennyh
    258 I6
    • Aug 20, 2000

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
    Phil, get healed up. I know it ain't easy layin low for a while
    Especially for a stubborn 'ol trucker. I can picture his wife holding her cigarette while just shakin' her head knowing what an ordeal it's gonna be to try and get him to take it easy.

Hope all goes well for you two and maybe we'll see you in Ouray!
    KennyH '74 Wag, '80 Wag Brougham, '98 GC 5.9 Limited. Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Comment

• learfxr
      327 Rambler
      • May 01, 2006

I would like to go to Ouray with you guys if you'll let me. I sold my J10, but my YJ is half Wagoneer. I would tow it up with my truck and then trail ride with the YJ. I've been looking at pics of your trips for a while and decided I'd like to check it out. I normally have Fri-Sun off each week, so if I take off Mon-Thur, then I'll have off 10 days and only burn 40hrs of vacation. That should be plenty of time to get from DFW to Colorado and have some good play time.
      J10 Longbed-gone
      89 YJ in work
      95 ZJ Orvis

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Bring it on!!!! At least it is a Jeep with FSJ parts.
        We had an Exploder and a GMC Pukon there last year. That Pukon had some serious curb flexing poses that made the Jeepers green with envy. Sad to say the Exploder done far better than my J20 would of done had it not decided to go bike riding the hard way in NM.
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
        2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
          Señor Jackhead
          • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by HOOT
          You might be a Redneck if you....

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
          Was halin some wood down the hill on my FSJ hood sled in the snow this evenin.
          I am doing my best to fit in here HOOT. Actually, the hood holds a nice stack of fire wood and it beats piling it in the back of my pristine GW.

Originally posted by learfxr
          I would like to go to Ouray with you guys if you'll let me. I sold my J10, but my YJ is half Wagoneer. I would tow it up with my truck and then trail ride with the YJ. I've been looking at pics of your trips for a while and decided I'd like to check it out. I normally have Fri-Sun off each week, so if I take off Mon-Thur, then I'll have off 10 days and only burn 40hrs of vacation. That should be plenty of time to get from DFW to Colorado and have some good play time.
          Sounds like a plan! Make your KOA reservations before the end of the month. Dave is holding those spots for us to reserve until then...
          Flint
          Ran when parked.
          http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
          76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
          http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• skydizzle
            232 I6
            • Oct 15, 2006

i really want to make it down there. but i gotta get my new motor in. and get my lift and tires. well see.
            Skyler Smith
            88 waggy- hacked fenders, 31s on black steelies.
            http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/skydizzle123/

Comment

• learfxr
              327 Rambler
              • May 01, 2006

Sounds like a plan! Make your KOA reservations before the end of the month. Dave is holding those spots for us to reserve until then... [/quote]

Do we have to do it by then? I just got the YJ running this weekend, so there's lots of work to do on it before a trip to CO. So, I'd hate to make big plans that I can't keep. I hope to be working out the bugs next month, but this thing is a big project for me.
              J10 Longbed-gone
              89 YJ in work
              95 ZJ Orvis

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                304 AMC
                • Aug 22, 2003

i'd say IF you think you may try to come to Ouray, go ahead and make your reservation NOW, especially if ya wants to be by the roudy FSJ group. You can always cancel it later if you can't make it or transfer it to someone that can, and not have to pay a cancelation fee, so go ahead and make the res.
                "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
                Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
                Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                  Señor Jackhead
                  • Aug 21, 2002

OK... We have 47A-F, 47, 48 & 49 reserved by members here. KOA sites are now open to non-FSJ folks that may want to reserve sites in the Aspen area. If you are thinking about going and want to hang out at the KOA near your FSJ friends, you need to reserve a site soon before they get snatched up.

That is all... Thanks!
                  Flint
                  Ran when parked.
                  88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• fsj1978
                    just got here....
                    • Mar 31, 1986

As of this morning, Sharon and I have reserved slot 20 at the KOA. It's between two of the cabins. Tomorrow I'll be reserving a spot at the KOA in Beaver, UT. Is anybody else going to be staying there on monday the (I think) 9th? We'll be in Ouray from tuesday night through sat night, leaving sunday to head back to Chino, CA.

Now to get all the 'stuff' finished up on Herculies...
                    '75 Cherokee "Hercules" (360 / Holley Commander 950 / Holley"Z"intake)
                    .....(4L80E / NP-242 / Front & Rear D60 - 4.88 rear ARB / 37s)
                    .....(York air / Ramsey RE8000 winch / CB / HAM / custom dash)
                    .....(Forward tilt hood / widened flares / custom rear bumper with tire carrier & air hose storage)

Comment

• BRUTUS
                      360 AMC
                      • Dec 06, 2005

Originally posted by Heimeken
                      Flint, leave it as is (tentative). We still have plenty of time till then. It's definitely in the plan for me to be there.
                      So Heimeken... will the CAT be towing the Sandgorgon?

I am already getting excited for this trip. The return of HOOT... couple new faces... bunch of old faces I can't wait!
                      "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
                      Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
                      Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

• waggy401
                        258 I6
                        • Nov 23, 2003

Ok, I talked to the wife about it and she gave the trip a "go." After talking about it ever since the very first Invasion, I think we will finally have a FSJ capable of making the trip. Of course it is in pieces right now, but should be running strong by July.

We'll be driving out from California, so this better be worth it!

I called and e-mailed to reserve a spot - hopefully 46A if it's still available.
                        89 Grand Wagoneer, 360, 727, 229, D44s, 2.5" Rancho lift, 31x10.5 mud tires, Howell TBI on an Edelbrock intake, MSD TFI upgrade, Engle cam, Edelbrock shorty headers, Single 2.5" exhaust with 40-series Flowmaster, Milodon high-flow water pump, BJs Offroad aluminum cross-flow radiator.

Current Jeep Status: She's alive!!

Comment

• bigun
                          • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by waggy401
                          Ok, I

I called and e-mailed to reserve a spot - hopefully 46A if it's still available.
                          Bring lots of memory or lots of for your cameras you'll need ity
                          charlie
                          KB0HXA
                          "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                          congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                          How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                          Robert A. Heinlein
                          The birth of CROM is recorded here
                          http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                            Señor Jackhead
                            • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by waggy401

We have not seen any FSJers leave Ouray without hearing them say WOW at least 20 times...

As far as I know, 46A is open.

Map Updated!

Flint
                            Ran when parked.

Comment

• motox-010
                              350 Buick
                              • Dec 13, 2006

I am deffinately interested in doing this. Will a relatively stock Wag do ok? What kind of wheelin is it? Mud, hills, etc.?
                              -->Sawyer

-> '00 Splaturn LS2

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

It's like taking a gentle country gravel road to your Grandma's house. Then again there is that obstacle .. Most of what I saw( when my eyes were open) were gravel roads. There were some serious obstacles to clear but these guys know which trails' needs are. I believe Alan and Pams waggy was about all stock and they did alot of wheeling. I don't remember seeing them up on Imogene Pass, that trail would require some lift or else body damage is emminent. I do believe UglyJeepling's Chero was stock height and he done that trail. I just can't get that Rock outcropping, near the top, out of my mind . I was hitching a ride in a J20 with a massive lift,tires and a great driver. Then there was some high mountain hiking done as well. .

In other words you'll be fine. Bring it on out. You won't regret it and neither will your therapist.
                                Tom Gibson
                                1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                                1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                                1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                                2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

Working...
                                X