X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrankTheTank
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 12, 2017

I have installed the Sniper 2 barrel on my 83 with about 3k miles logged on it. After much smoothing/tuning of the learned map and a fresh set of spark plugs from the learn mode being too rich the truck runs great! I run a innovate gauge in the other exhaust to monitor both banks AFR.

Installation was a cake walk, used a carb spacer to get the clearance for the air filter and used all the OE hard lines.

Holley was not an easy company to work with because they sent me a master kit that was less than a master. But since they have been great, my inline fuel pump gave up while I was in New Mexico and the 2 day shipped me a new one no questions.

Comment

• cameronb1988GW
      230 Tornado
      • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by Texas993
      I have 2 GW's, one an 89 with Howell TBI and an 88 with Sniper. The Howell gets much better mpg - approx 14. Sniper gets 11 mpg.

Howell GW is much slower - but generally runs well.

Sniper GW is quick - but just got a fresh rebuild and Eldelbrock 4 bbl intake. So the engine may not be totally broken-in and I may be driving it harder.

Of the two, I definitely prefer the Sniper.
      I've got an 88 with Howell TBI. i want to switch to the sniper 2300 and am trying to decide whether to spring for the master kit or the basic. do you think the inline fuel pump i've been using with the Howell will work with the Holley? i can't seem to find specs online, and i don't want to buy a fuel pump that i've not heard good things about if the one i'm using is fine.

Comment

• ShagWagon
        350 Buick
        • Apr 10, 2016

Originally posted by cameronb1988GW
        I've got an 88 with Howell TBI. i want to switch to the sniper 2300 and am trying to decide whether to spring for the master kit or the basic. do you think the inline fuel pump i've been using with the Howell will work with the Holley? i can't seem to find specs online, and i don't want to buy a fuel pump that i've not heard good things about if the one i'm using is fine.
        I know the sniper and fitech needs 60+psi

I think the GM based ones are much lower. Like 15-18. I'm sure someone will verify.

You'll probably need a fuel pump upgraded over 60psi.
        87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

pumps don't set pressure regulators do.

Generic e2000 pumps will max out ~90psi.
          Depending on brand flow rates will be a little different.
          Ford(and others) used them for years in vehicles.

For a stock engine, or mild modded, one *should* be ok.
          However it depends on flow rate of your pump, it's location, and your fuel system setup.
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

Working...
          X