View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 11:26 AM
258 I6

I also installed the Holley Sniper 4 barrel master kit this weekend ahah. Huge improvement! I had never worked on carburetors before and have been struggling with mine for quite some time and finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the Holley system. So for me this was a huge step forward.

It literally took me 30 minutes to hook up all the wiring and install the unit on the intake. Took me about 1.5 hours to drop the exhaust and install the clamp on bung. Longest part was dropping the fuel tank, modifying the tank and the sending unit for the 3/8th hose. I ran the external fuel pump in the master kit and made a bracket for that. Its so much better! I can actually drive this jeep now and it feels like its brought my jeep into the modern world.

I cant go full throttle yet as I have a brand new engine and a brand new clutch, but the little acceleration I have given it, it is incredibly responsive. It idles down great and it got rid of my issues when getting off the gas. So far I only have about 10 miles on it so its a small sample size but I cant wait to see how it works going forward.

I have an MSD distributor but for now am running it without timing, but hope to use the timing control in the future. I plan on writing a detailed write up on Wednesday with a lot of pictures if you are looking for more information.