View Single Post
Old 12-08-2001, 11:21 AM
Grease Monkey

Here's alittle more info. Warn ODs come in basicly 3 flavors, 33-26, 33-V6, 33-29, and 33-14. OK so 4 flavors. The differences were due to the input gear tooth count and splines. I have one kicking around along with a few spare parts and half the dohicky kit that allows you to bolt a PTO to the OD.
Make me an offer, the one I have is a 33-V6.

From what little first hand knowledge I have, Don't buy one if you have a 6 cylinder or bigger engine!!! I have seen 3 dead ones and even the one I have has a chipped tooth. They don't seem to like torque. Mostly street driven would be OK.

If you want more info about these things you might try Advanced Adaptors as they make and sell the Saturn OD (parts interchange with Warn). But based on the prices for adaptors they must use aluminum plated gold to make things from (or I'm a cheap SOB).

Dean.
YMMV, I was saving my warn OD for my stock 1945 CJ2a but the gears are different tooth count.