View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 02:35 PM
304 AMC

Darn power bumps. Been trying to post for a while.

SJTD the backing plate overhangs the actual stamp pattern metal in some areas. So the heat from the overhang is causing some mild blistering. It is subtle but there. The stamps part that makes the impression I want to be square with fairly sharp edges. That makes the best imprint.

And Chubbinus, I hope to be able to sell these later. They are a lot harder to make than it looks. But as I make them I find ways to improve the process.
And it would help if I put the stamp on the right way. I had enough vinyl for the work, but I accidentally placed a rear door stamp on upside down. I rotated in in the oven and forgot to correct it on the way to the table. So I am going to by several more yards of vinyl tomorrow. I will get enough for at least 1-2 more sets.

I am tired. I need a camp out. My jeep run got canceled. I should have loaded up and met Frank Ziebert over out of Yakima when he went to the Nachez shoestring trail system. Maybe next year. There is a lot of stuff that absolutely must get done this summer. As I like to say about now.... It's gonna snow any minute now.

Most users ever online was 656, 06-30-2007 at 09:50 PM.
I was there! Still waiting for my Tee shirt...

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 and 71 project J trucks
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1953 Willy's wagon
1983 FJ60 wagon