Slaving over a hot stove. Ok well an oven. I am getting closer to having an interior. I am still having some heat blistering that I wish I could stop from happening. It is mild but visible if you look. I wish I had cut the blacking plates to just a skosh bigger than the stamps. There is a lot of metal hanging out over the vinyl. It is hot and leaving it's mark. I need a heat blocker that won't interfere with the pattern and the texture. I am thinking gasket material cut to size and carefully placed. I will work on something. I believe I can make them better. But they look pretty darn good.
Lots of mapping out what goes where. Marking the embossing stamps even.
Not to bad. I am going to try and emboss where the chrome trim goes like the originals. Getting everything straight is a challenge.
I ruined a rear door so I will have to do that over. But here is the lot so far. I am getting better definition from the smaller stamps. The large front door stamps leave a slightly lighter press image.
See. Not bad though.
I will keep on it. Getting some other small stuff done also. Like adjusting the shift linkage so when in drive the shift indicator is positioned over the "D".
And it looks like I might have to pull the tansmission again. It is dripping from the torque converter housing. I replaced the front seal before it went in. Dang me....