View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 PM
304 AMC

Here is an original rear door panel. I tried to restore it but it is not good enough. I peeled it off the old warped moldy door card, soaked the very brittle vinyl in 303 for over a year between two sheets of plastic and a flannel sheet soaked in 303 to keep it moist (and it did indeed work, it is soft and pliable now) Then reglued it to a new water jetted door card that had to be trimmed back. The vinyl had shrunk and it would never fit an original correct sized door card. So using the sample first run door cards I had done, I mounted the vinyl up after trimming the card edges hoping to get something on Sadie till I finished the new construction door panels. Well the chrome tape would not stick to the trim pieces. Probably from the 303 soak. I could not bear to put them on. So I am trying to complete a new panel set that will look super and last in heat and cold.

Here is the original.

And thank you Full Size Jeeper. It is nice to know I would have at least one set to sell later. It will be a bit though. I have a lot of work to do yet. And I need to make sure it is well made and the chrome trim strip's stays on on a super hot day. I will hope to have all 4 door panels and the rear bed panels to match. And if I really got my scene together, include a new headliner for a near complete interior face lift kit. I am not sure what is in my fabricating future.

Question if anyone knows.... What ever happened to Tatsayago (spelling?) over at the other site. He was going gang busters on making new door panels. The last post I ever saw regarding his new panels was nearly a year old. Did he quit? Is he selling them? Anyone know?

Anyway, have a nice evening...

Most users ever online was 656, 06-30-2007 at 09:50 PM.
I was there! Still waiting for my Tee shirt...

1969 1414X Wag,
1970 and 71 project J trucks
1970 Wagoneer Not Sadie
1953 Willy's wagon
1983 FJ60 wagon