View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:37 PM
327 Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps
Still waiting on steering coupling boots to show.
While wandering around the internet I found the correct turn signal switch WITH the correct hazard switch at Just Jeepsters page 2 of electrical. This is the right part for early steering columns. Correct wire colors, terminals and all.

https://www.justjeepsters.com/produc...ignal-assembly

I started on the brakes and why the low pedal. I apparently forgot to adjust out the drivers front star adjuster and after about 8 - 10 turns the rotating drum just starts to touch the shoes. Well duh....I redid all the other wheels and the pedal feels way better. I can't really tell till the column is back in and engine running since the column clamps the mount and brake pedal bracket. If it is still a bit low I will carefully remove the master cylinder enough to check the power brake booster push rod depth for just touching the cup in the master cylinder bore. I know I set it up when it went in. Then possibly one more power bleed. Hopefully the pedal will be high and firm.

Just ordered mine from Classic Chevy! Like Al said, the CROWN PART NUMBER 8132676K will NOT WORK.

Anyone have pictures of the internal of the steering column on a 70? Can't find my pictures-lost a ton in a computer crash- and the illustrations manual doesn't help much. Al's pictures of the lower part were great but I need to look up