View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 AM
327 Rambler

Put off but not forgotten

07-02-2015 09:09 AM

Holy Buckets! That's the date of my last post.

I'm sorry to all of you who followed and encouraged me through my build. I didn't mean to drop the ball on you all.

I just paid for an imageshack "premium" account, where all of my pictures were hosted from. I got a computer generated answer from them saying it could take up to 24 hours for my pics to reappear (currently even I can't see them). With luck imageshack will be true to their word. If not, it will be a long process of rebuilding the pics in this thread.

As for the status of my build... it's still here, and not forgotten. In Nov 2015 I hurt my back just as I finished the walls of my shop. By mid-Feb I was a week away from back surgery when it finally started to get better, and the surgery was put off. So, Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr 2016 the winter weather, and my back, kept me from making progress on my shop. I then was able to get some work done on the shop while also working on any number of other things I do on a daily basis living off-grid, through the summer. Then... On 23 Aug, 2016 I was extremely stoked!!!!! That morning over coffee I FINALLY called and placed an order for the 29 spans I need for my shop's roof, to be picked up early the next week.

Five hours later I broke my foot. It took me 18 hours to gimp myself off my property and make it into Bend, OR., 96 miles away. Since I couldn't easily live out there on my property with a busted foot I packed up and came back up to WA., and crashed at my parents house, where I'm currently writing this from. A week ago I started walking again with a shoe on my foot. I plan on heading home sometime this coming week. As I pass through Bend I'll stop and resubmit my order for the roof spans.

My goal is to have the truck parked back under a shop roof by Thanksgiving.

So, that's what life has been like for me over the last 14 months. Let's hope my pics reappear in the thread some time in the next 24 hours.

Resbum