I spoke with the Ranger Station this morning and I have news to share with everyone. Here's what I have learned.
1) The new proposal/environmental assessment will be here next week or the week after. That means 2 weeks folks, max!!!!
2) The decision will be made by the end of December of this year! No more stringing this thing out or wondering what will happen when. It's this year people. We either sack up and make our presence known or... you know the rest.
3) There will be 6 alternatives proposed with 1 being the one preferred by the Forest Service
4) All comments should be funneled to the Asheville office. This is where this is being handled. Candice Wyman is the woman in charge of handling this.
5) ~500 comments were filed last period. If you think that turns heads you're in for a surprise. We're going to need double that this round.
Get your pens, keyboards and stamps ready. We have got to get on this. We have 30 days from it's release date. I hope we can count on all of you.