View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

there is no "diagram" for the actuall arms, all you have to do is take the diagram for the knuckle drilling postition(I think its posted here if not its elsewhere on the net) take that, use the same locating point(center of ball joint hole) and whatever piece of steel you are going to use make it identical from the ball joint hole to the drilled/tapped location and then make it come out the same distance or so as the originall tie rod location(should be around 9" total from back back of material out. If your having someone do it i would strongly recommend not doing 2 seperate pieces of material one for a spacer and one for the arm itself(more stuff to go wrong) instead of one mating surface you have 2. if this guy can make you arms he can do it out of a solid chunk of metal(what ever size you need to clear your leafs) mine was 2x3" square solid steel, i used a metal cutting bandsaw to cut out the shape then milled out the rest.

pm if your interested in having me make some, it wont have the hammer marks, that had to do with my mill/drill/tap screw up on that knuckle.