X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPSwapMohn
    304 AMC
    • May 01, 2004

Definitely want details on what you have to do to get those seats mounted and functioning! Those seats are really comfortable!
    One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
    http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
    95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
    50 CJ3A
    77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• Blindphleb
      230 Tornado
      • Aug 06, 2009

What size of hole are you left with for your gauges? That dash looks cherry! Love your color choice too, I'll for sure be following this build!

Comment

• Creepy 1
        232 I6
        • Jun 09, 2009

Outstanding!
        '79 Buggy based on a Chief, '79 Cherokee SOA & V8 swap, '81 Widetrac waiting to be resurrected.

Comment

• KyooMac
          258 I6
          • Oct 26, 2006

Just ran across this while searching for something completely different. WOW!

Comment

• krek
            Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

Thanks guys... had to purchase an additional F150 console for parts so the interior is on hold again until it arrives.

The driver's seat should fit with just some BFH work on the tranny tunnel. The passenger's side is going to be a challenge.

The plan is to incorporate the original gauge panel with the addition of two to four digital gauges. I'll have to look, if that was a different thread I'll find it and link it here.
            SuperChief Project Thread: click

The "ChopTop" Project Thread: click

Comment

• krek
              Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

Here is the gauge thread... still haven't tackled this is anyone has helpful suggestions.

Here's my plan... I want to use two digital gauges to add a voltsmeter and oil pressure to my early gauge panel where the idiot lights are. This is the gauge: And this is what it could potentially look like: This is why the whole assembly won't fit in the stock location: And this is where I assume I can

Comment

• Saltyfeather
                232 I6
                • Sep 27, 2008

Soooooooooooooooooooo, Whatcha Doin ???? Need more updates !!!!
                85 GW - Resto Mode

Comment

• krek
                  Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

The project and I are engaged in a battle of wills right now... and the project is winning.

I'm to a point where I either need to compromise my original vision or pay a professional to help me accomplish my original vision.

Comment

• Cohiba54
                    232 I6
                    • Jan 12, 2009

Originally posted by krek
                    The project and I are engaged in a battle of wills right now... and the project is winning.

I'm to a point where I either need to compromise my original vision or pay a professional to help me accomplish my original vision.
                    Well, I just spent how ever much time it took to read form your first thread to the one you posted today. I tell you what, your doing one hell of a job....

Don't get caught by burnout, don't get in a rush. Deadlines are just that DEADLINES, but man that's at work. What your doing is a work of art, so kick back take a brake enjoy what you've accomplished and pat your self on the back.

Ok, so much for making you feel good!

I only have two things left to say (get over it and get your slacking butt back to work) and (you make me sick) I had to say that last part so I don't feel so bad about my slacking on just doing a plain rebuild.
                    '82 Cherokee WT

Comment

• Rob z
                      350 Buick
                      • May 05, 2005

HEY KREK......
                      update time buddy
                      89 Grand Rottweiler shuttle

Comment

• krek
                        Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

Ain't nothing gonna happen until after the first of the year now... we're in our busy season at work.

I did drop the body back on the ChopTop over the weekend to make room in the barn for the bride's CJ and the convertible and it looks goooooooood.

Plenty will happen on both projects in a few months.

Comment

• ccrobbins
                          230 Tornado
                          • Apr 16, 2009

Keep going!

Whatever you do don't give up. I have been reading this for over a year and can't wait until you finish. I am in awe!

Comment

• 1986 Woody
                            327 Rambler
                            • May 13, 2004

Gas Tank

How did the gas tank work out for you? I am going to order another one but different configuration?

Got pic's of the install?

Comment

• krek
                              Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

This project will get finished! In fact, the replacement Stockton steelies are at the body shop now getting painted... so little things are happening.

Sadly, that custom stainless coffin tank won't work for either of my projects. There was a clearance issue on the SuperChief and since we linked the rear suspension on the ChopTop there's obviously no way it will fit.

I ended up with the stock tank on the SuperChief and need to find an Aero tank to fit between the framerails on the ChopTop.

Comment

• 1986 Woody
                                327 Rambler
                                • May 13, 2004

Project looks GREAT! Too bad you could not incorporate the tank in the build.

Comment

Working...
                                X