• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riprock01
    230 Tornado
    • Mar 19, 2013

Early wagoneer fuel tank solution?

I'm trying to come up with a fuel tank solution for my '67 wagoneer. I know they only seem to make the 1970+ fuel tanks for the wagoneers and that the 1963-69 tanks are different. Have any of you guys with the older wagoneers run into this problem while replacing tanks? Is it possible to adapt the '70+ tank to early wagoneers? If so, what all is involved? I know I can get an early tank but it would involve a lot of $$$ with shipping and cleaning and still risk having a broken sender.
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

I put a '79 tank in my '73 wag...basically a bolt in.
    Used the '79 skid plate and fill tube as well and don't recall having to modify anything.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Mike D
      350 Buick
      • Jul 29, 2002

My 64 Wagoneer is getting a polly tank ... I have a thread on it... The 64 definitely does not have the same bracketing as a 67
      64 Wagoneer 283 SBC
      50 truck
      63 J-200 Truck -- help bring home

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
      And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children

Comment

• 81jseries
        232 I6
        • Aug 31, 2001

I also have a 67 and I'm looking for a rear tank solution. Good to know the late 70s is almost a bolt in.
        67 wagoneer - GTO 389 & 4spd

Comment

Working...
        X