View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:25 AM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madduck
i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so i don't understand something with this kit.

i don't think this is a throttle body injection style but i dont think it's a multi-port injection either. which is it and is there another injection style that i'm unaware of?

i had an '85 cj7 years ago. i installed the mopar MPI kit on that engine and absolutely loved it! it's been quite a few years ago so i may be imagining things but it seems that kit came with a fuel rail that lined up with the jugs that held each injector. i dont see that with this kit. i'm a shade tree mech so it's completely possible that i dont see/understand how this works.

thanks for coming here and answering questions.
cheers, j-

All the AMC Edelbrock pro flo systems have been MPFI w/ 8 injectors.

A sequential injection system is simply controlled by the computer with help of a sensor so it knows when to fire each injector.
Sequential/MPFI was primarily introduced to reduce emissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchee
I wish I could, but CARB will not give it an EO number due to it's adjustability and there is no EGR function. Don't you just love the CARB!!!

The CARB is a joke...if they really cared about emissions/air quality they would be in love with EFI conversions.
Interesting they state EGR as an issue, Howell still uses a simple vacuum setup for EGR...NO idea how they actually allowed that to fly?