View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 12:24 PM
360 AMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackN920
...So, since it's very slow at the moment, I'm just going to watch it like I've been doing.
Good plan. You're right, its a long awful job. you're laying on your back letting crap fall on your face, down your shirt sleeves, etc. you will also go through about a million pairs of nitrile gloves if you wear them because they get hooked and cut on all the rust and stuff.
Quote:
Tstat? why? I didn't change that when I did the rad swap. It actually looked pretty good(what I could see of it) and works great.
I change my TStat all the time. They are so cheap and easy to replace. Especially when dealing with this type of work. I have had rust chunks plug my TStat and if you are opening your system this much you can be sure, chunks are gonna come loose.
Quote:
Still haven't looked up that water wetter stuff
Meh, it's not a huge deal. It helps your coolant exchange heat better. So it pulls heat from your engine better and releases heat in your radiator faster. I had a Ranger with a 5.0HO and it would over heat whenever I would tow anything or drive it in the sand. Added this stuff and it never got hot again. Supposedly it also has anti-rust additives and other blah blah stuff but really I buy and recommend it because it helps your cooling system be a better cooling system.
https://www.redlineoil.com/waterwetter
Quote:
... Your talking about for install though, right?
yeah. Install.
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring