International Full Size Jeep Association

International Full Size Jeep Association (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/index.php)
-   Ouray FSJ Invasion (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ouray 2012 Pic Thread (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=157614)

srobertsfsj 07-22-2012 12:10 PM

Ouray 2012 Pic Thread

Here are some of my pics.

Start of Engineer Pass

Group shoot at the top of Engineer Pass

Some of the tour trucks at Animas Fork

Blake on Poughkeepsie

Heimeken and the Caterpillar on Pougkeepsie

Me, my dad and my son on Black Bear

WT Waggy at the top of Black Bear

Behind Kenny going down to Telluride on Black Bear

Black Bear

Bridal Veil Falls at the bottom of Black Bear.

nc wagoneer 07-22-2012 12:35 PM

Is that the new jeep j12 fourth from the left in the group shot???

srobertsfsj 07-22-2012 12:38 PM

Yup :) Here I am standing next to it at our camp.

nc wagoneer 07-22-2012 12:52 PM

So how did THAT get brought to ouray??? And who brought it??? :D So does this mean it goes into production, right??? :thumbsup:

Tad 07-22-2012 01:23 PM

I put all my pic's here: http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s...al/Ouray/2012/

j20owner 07-22-2012 01:36 PM

So, how was blackbear on a scale of 1-10 in a waggy?

Haha, just noticed a dog marked the left front tire of the J12.

will e 07-22-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j20owner

On a scale of one to ten? I would say a four. We have a good wheel base. Casey did a couple of the switch backs without having to backup or just doing a 3 point.

Yeah, some dog gave his opinion (or marked it for his own). Really cool truck that j12.

ne715 07-22-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

I don't think that was a dog, I think that was someone in the group. :D :thumbsup:

fulsizjeep 07-22-2012 03:06 PM

Purty sure Chief marked everyone's tires. :o

Our pix will be piling up over here:
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps/12%20Ouray/

Tad 07-22-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ne715
I don't think that was a dog, I think that was someone in the group. :D :thumbsup:

Can't say I blame her.

fulsizjeep 07-22-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tad
Can't say I blame her.

:eek: :lol:

bigun 07-22-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tad
Can't say I blame her.

ROFLOL

fulsizjeep 07-22-2012 04:59 PM

Great batch of pix Scott. :thumbsup:

The tour Jeeps are part of a new company I see. These two were for sale 4 years ago from Switzerland of America tours. The one on the right is a 2 door NT Cherokee. At that time the frame of the Cherokee was broke just behind the cross member at the top of the real axle hump. Both are 360/T18/D20. Good to see them back in service! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by srobertsfsj
Some of the tour trucks at Animas Fork

Stuka 07-22-2012 05:05 PM

Cool photos.

Tad: Where is the brick wall? Is that fordonations, or does it just thank visitors?

fulsizjeep 07-22-2012 05:08 PM

Brandon - The bricks are at Ouray Mountain Rescue. Thanks to the Rogers family, we started contributing money to OMR in 2006 and got bricks on the site of the new rescue center. :thumbsup: BethAnn has been getting shirts done every year since then and proceeds go to OMR as well as proceeds from raffles. Been a couple years since a raffle though.

Stuka 07-22-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
Brandon - The bricks are at Ouray Mountain Rescue. Thanks to the Rogers family, we started contributing money to OMR in 2006 and got bricks on the site of the new rescue center. :thumbsup: BethAnn has been getting shirts done every year since then and proceeds go to OMR as well as proceeds from raffles. Been a couple years since a raffle though.

Ohh cool :)

Austin 4x4 07-22-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

i ran it just fine in my stock '85 :thumbsup: the stock waggy turns really tight. only draged the trailer hitch a few times.

REDONE 07-22-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
Great batch of pix Scott. :thumbsup:

The tour Jeeps are part of a new company I see. These two were for sale 4 years ago from Switzerland of America tours. The one on the right is a 2 door NT Cherokee. At that time the frame of the Cherokee was broke just behind the cross member at the top of the real axle hump. Both are 360/T18/D20. Good to see them back in service! :thumbsup:

San Juan Scenic Jeep Tours ran the FSJs back in 04 too, but they were red! The owner made me an offer when we were coming back down Yankee Boy and he was headed up in their one of their newer dodges. I was hurrying to catch up to my dad but he says they've always had a FSJ fleet, and all of them have 2bbl 360/T18/D20s, hence his offer on my truck.

I think that they've always been San Juan Scenic Jeep Tours, but I think their old slogan had "Switzerland of America" bigger than their own name...

grand_wag_85 07-22-2012 07:15 PM

Tad-
Love your photos of the train and the welcome to Colorado sign:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDONE
San Juan Scenic Jeep Tours ran the FSJs back in 04 too, but they were red! The owner made me an offer when we were coming back down Yankee Boy and he was headed up in their one of their newer dodges. I was hurrying to catch up to my dad but he says they've always had a FSJ fleet, and all of them have 2bbl 360/T18/D20s, hence his offer on my truck.

If you ever get a chance, have a chat with the guy that owns the operation. I stopped by on July 4th back in '08 and we must have talked for a good couple of hours on everything from QT's to vapor lock. Apparently back in the day he used to rent out CJ5's equipped with a cool can under the hood. Supposedly he would instruct the renters to pack the can with snow whenever possible. Also got a tour of his facility and got to scope out a couple of broken FSJ's squirreled away in the back:thumbsup:

Stuka 07-22-2012 09:03 PM

Did anybody get any video by chance?