International Full Size Jeep Association

International Full Size Jeep Association (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/index.php)
-   Other (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   '66 Wag. Bought it. Feeling guilty. Help. (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=44783)

thos 03-29-2002 06:51 AM

Ok, I bought it. Checked it out today. Everything - and I mean everything - has been rebuilt or is new. 327 Engine, water pump, radiator, fuel pump. D27 in front, D44 in rear. Three on tree switched to 4 on floor (an old J20 tranny). Owner replacing front locking hubs w/ new ones as well as putting on a new poly gas tank. Doors are from a 70's model Wag. They are stiff to close. Front seats are from some mystery vehicle, but look fine. No seat belts. No rear seats. No rust - except on frame. Has that flakey corrosion that makes one pause. Factory option winch is Ramsey 9klb w/ 2k ft of aircraft cable. Has original break off hook to go w/ winch. No leaks xcept for usual "wetness" underneath. All accessories (such as they are) work.

SO WHY DO I HAVE BUYER'S REMORSE????? This thing only cost me $500. I even have a barn to keep it in until I have time/ money/ know how to work on it.

Help a brother out. Tell me I did the right thing. Tell me you'll help me with those unforseen pbms I'm gonna have as I attempt to clean it up. Tell me I can sleep at your home when my wife finds out.

HELP!!

porkchop 03-29-2002 07:00 AM

I think you made a great buy! I would love to have found a good wag like that with the winch. I would let you sleep at my house but it is far away :D . You can always sleep in the back of the wag!

Tad 03-29-2002 07:03 AM

You did the right thing, I'll help you out, You better start driving now because it's a long way to my couch.

Panoscopic 03-29-2002 07:03 AM

Most important thing is - do you have a place to stow it??

And yes, make sure to hide all sharp objects in the house first.

Bigums 03-29-2002 08:14 AM

Tom,

I'll help you out. Just send the Wag down here. I can hide it for you. ;)

I'll even take it out of hiding to 'dust it off' once in a while. :D

Seriously, I don't think you can lose on this deal. I'm sure you could double your money quickly if the wife objects vehemently. You could probably sell the winch/bumper alone to cover your costs. See, its an investment!! :rolleyes:

For those who haven't seen it, here's a pic

Michael 03-29-2002 08:19 AM

Thos...do not feel bad....and if you continue to.

I will be happy to trade any two of my rigs for an even swap....that is a great deal...show it with pride.

testuser 03-29-2002 08:26 AM

hows $800? kwick cash.... ;)

if all else fails that is!! looks like an awesome deal!!!!! um.....$800?

ha!!!

Alaskaman 03-29-2002 09:20 AM

Buyers remorse can be serious! Irritated wives are even worse! PLEASE bring me the Waggy. I'll give you your $500 and a 6-pack for your trouble ;)

thos 03-29-2002 12:12 PM

OK, so the 3 offers I have so far are 2 of Mike's rigs, $800 or $500 + beer. MMMMMMM beer.

janie 03-29-2002 02:15 PM

You made a super deal on this. $500.00 bucks and it came with a winch. I spent that on my J-10 and it came with rust. (smile) Seriously, you should be absolutely elated over this purchase.

Can't imagine your wife would be upset with you. I love it when my husband brings home Jeep stuff. Even if she is, hey, thank God for the barn. (grin)

Enjoy your new rig

Janie [img]smile.gif[/img]

irbob 03-29-2002 02:33 PM

Nice find so don't feel to bad. I think your wife will love it although my wife just had a coronary when I told her I was spending all our tax return on my (our) rig. :eek: One of these days she will listen and sew the holes up in my pockets.

You will have to get rid of her if things don't work out. At least you won't have to listen to her nag while you work on her and drive her around. :D :D

Bob Barry 03-29-2002 03:37 PM

And to think, I had a shot at this truck... ;)

I'm glad you wound up with this one instead of me; I'm having trouble with the few I have.

But $500 for an intact truck with a rebuilt engine.

Heck, who knows what I would own if I had a barn to park stuff in... [img]smile.gif[/img]

porchpiggy 03-29-2002 03:41 PM

Why stow it?? Start driving it. Looks really good to me, don't see how you could have gone wrong. You can sell it easily for more than you paid if you had too. If you catch too much grief, show her the IFSJA thread. Who can doubt a bunch of fsj nuts, collectively?? ;)
BTW are you sure it's not 2 hundred feet of cable, which is still a lot, most are carrying abou t125 to 150 feet. I don't think 2k would fit on the drum, would it?

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: porchpiggy ]</p>

snook 03-30-2002 10:55 AM

shoot, you let me know when and i'll take it off your hands................, i'm about 25 minutes from you.......... :D

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: snook ]</p>

thos 03-30-2002 12:24 PM

You're right PPig. It's 200. Shows what I know.

Hey Snook. Parksburg! Cripes you're less than 25 mins away. I'm putting it in Honeybrook. Let me know if you want a looksee.

Thanks to all for the positive vibes.

snook 03-30-2002 02:11 PM

i'm a big fan of rhinos. i was looking for one, but could never find one, so i bought the 77. i'm always up for seeing rhinos, i know that if i see it, i'll want one worse.

64Trvlr 03-30-2002 05:54 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thos:
Help a brother out. Tell me I did the right thing. <hr></blockquote>

You did not do the right thing. To fix your problem immediately ship the Jeep to me. You will feel much better and I'll never tell your wife what you did.
:cool:

Dive 30 03-30-2002 06:38 PM

That is one seriously sweet rig for an awesome price. I felt the same thing when I dropped $350.00 for my '77 a month before our wedding that we were scraping together . . . just watch out for flying shoes and dishes :eek: :D

Phil

PAJEEPER 03-30-2002 06:50 PM

Guilty huh? Well what about me I might have a bigger problem. No wife here, no nosey neighbors and lots of land hehehe. Sounds like a Jeep junkyard to me :D But that might just be a good thing [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hump 03-31-2002 05:07 PM

What a horrible thing you have done!!! You should really sell it to one of us before your wife finds out what you did!!!

No seriously, I think that you are just trying to make us all envious! I paid $400 for a non running J-20 drivetrain that I didn't know anything about. You got a whole shiny vehicle!!!

If you are having anxiety over that kind of purchase, then I hope you can make it everytime you have to fill that thing up with gas. :D