International Full Size Jeep Association

International Full Size Jeep Association (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/index.php)
-   Build Threads (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Another 70 wagoneer build (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=121305)

bkilby 10-24-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63J200atLSU
Dang it Brad. I more meant as a backup for the photos themselves, but really I'm just spit balling here...

Sorry. :) I agree to have a backup, no matter what happens with PB. I ended up using my company website to host my pics. The company is cheap. https://www.ipage.com/

rang-a-stang 10-29-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps
Am I done yet?

Holy Moly, I am done.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That is awesome!!!

Kaiserjeeps 10-30-2019 01:37 AM

Heh heh.... I was wondering if any body would notice that. :D :thumbsup:

It's weird having Sadie gone. I can take my time on EVERYTHING!!

The 68 Jeepster I was to work on next is for sale. The owner has had some health issues and his priorities have changed. 2750.00 with clear title.
PM me me if any of you folks are interested. It is a good one.

Bill called..... He has 65 miles on Sadie now. He is beaming. His kids love it, the wife loves it, everybody is getting rides as everything gets broken in. The neighbor Diana (badarse Buick Riviera) is already planning the first car show.

5 degrees here this morning. 9 degrees right now at 12:30 AM :eek: brrrrr.

chubbinius 10-30-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Bill called..... He has 65 miles on Sadie now. He is beaming. His kids love it, the wife loves it, everybody is getting rides as everything gets broken in. The neighbor Diana (badarse Buick Riviera) is already planning the first car show.

5 degrees here this morning. 9 degrees right now at 12:30 AM :eek: brrrrr.

It made me smile as well...Holy Moly!

I am sure that the smiles and great times will continue for decades to come, Sadie is gorgeous!

5 degrees? That's brisk! I miss the seasons and the cold. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the morning chill!

Thank you again for all the tips and information you filled this thread with.

Kaiserjeeps 10-10-2020 10:33 AM

Sadie is alive and well in Seattle. Just under 500 miles and 10,000 smiles. Bill and his boys are here picking up a 1983 CJ7 to take home. Not done as nice as Sadie but in fantastic condition. Bring this to the top to try and find it easier next time.:D :D
I am building a custom 68 M715 and hope to get it done by the end of next summer. Maybe then I will get a fire under me to restore my 69 X model.
Cheers all.:)

rws31 10-10-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

The 68 Jeepster I was to work on next is for sale. The owner has had some health issues and his priorities have changed. 2750.00 with clear title.
PM me me if any of you folks are interested.

Son of a biscuit, I just noticed this in your post from a year ago.
Is it gone?

Kaiserjeeps 10-11-2020 08:33 PM

It sold in 45 minutes. Crazy fast. I fixed a ton of stuff on it. The buyer was a guy in his late 60's. He mentioned doing some things I wish I did not hear. Despite not being mine, another lesson in letting go and trying not to care about someones plans that I don't really agree with. All it needed was crisp new paint and it would have been a real original beauty. Yep... long gone.

Just today the owner of Sadie left with his redone 83 CJ-7. I should be getting a call any time now that they made it. (Seattle) We are joking that I need to build jeeps for his three boys now. I will never catch up with my stuff. LOL:D

rws31 10-12-2020 03:37 AM

I figured it was but a guy has to ask anyways. That's something else I have been looking for. Sorry I missed it.

chubbinius 10-12-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Sadie is alive and well in Seattle. Just under 500 miles and 10,000 smiles. Bill and his boys are here picking up a 1983 CJ7 to take home. Not done as nice as Sadie but in fantastic condition. Bring this to the top to try and find it easier next time.:D :D
I am building a custom 68 M715 and hope to get it done by the end of next summer. Maybe then I will get a fire under me to restore my 69 X model.
Cheers all.:)

Awesome to hear! Glad Bill and the family are enjoying that treasure! Nice too that they got to visit to pick up the CJ.

Kaiserjeeps 10-12-2020 09:04 PM

We were so bummed to see them go. Liz and I laughed more in three days than in the last three years. Bill's boys are outstanding young men. They have Bill's sense of humor. We toured Priest Lake and stopped for some big arse burgers at the Moose Knuckle! :D Only in Idaho....;)

SOLSAKS 10-13-2020 08:09 AM

kaiserjeeps,...

sounds like y'all had a great visit...

we miss your build thread,.....while it was in progress...

as you posted the awesome work....

hope you start another build thread so we can enjoy.

dave in NC:drivin:

Kaiserjeeps 10-13-2020 11:18 AM

I will Dave. I keep looking at my 69 X model in the garage and thinking I need to get on that. I will try to knock out my restomod M715 build and get back on the FSJ scene. I am sure not getting any younger.:D

JeepJeepster 12-23-2020 08:00 AM

I've always gotten a bit depressed when things come to an end. Always enjoyed when I would forget to check in for a month or so and you had posted a bunch of updates. You need to start another build thread yesterday!

Kaiserjeeps 12-28-2020 11:57 PM

Well I sort of did. :D I had every intention of reviving my 69 X model wagoneer. It sits in the garage waiting. But I stumbled on to another M715. And went for it. It is over at the M715Zone. One of my old hang outs. Same username there as here. There is some metal work there. There will be more too as I found bad rockers. I have some melnick rocker skins to graft in. I am adding a ton of civi FSJ parts to this custom build. It is to explore the woods and get firewood etc. I will indeed be doing my wagoneer also. I have all the parts. I just don't work fast. If you feel like it, check out the M truck build.

Making a complete new soft top. First time ever for me.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30032

And the truck build.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29976

I will be back here. I do check in frequently.

:thumbsup:

SOLSAKS 12-29-2020 12:08 PM

I have looked at the build of the M17

wow,.....now that is a truck.

makes a j10 look like a play thing.

this will be a great gravel road machine.

dave in NC:drivin:

Kaiserjeeps 12-29-2020 12:13 PM

Thanks Dave. It will be a fun rig. I am not going for perfection like Sadie. I just want a fun rig that won't rust away later. Get me those pictures of your sill plates. I will get on them and get them sent.

DarkMonohue 12-29-2020 03:07 PM

I was hoping you'd share that M715 with us one way or another. That's looking like another great build. Thanks for sharing the links.

Kaiserjeeps 12-29-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkMonohue
I was hoping you'd share that M715 with us one way or another. That's looking like another great build. Thanks for sharing the links.

Well hopefully I won't get carried away with the details. I am doing the best that I can to git er done. I am eager to not be restricted to originality. I plan on some cool FSJ add on's. Like kick panel vents, Possibly even carpet and maybe door sill plates. LOL... I am thinking buckskin tan flat for a color. It would match my gravel road mud. :D

:drivin:

FleetFox 12-29-2020 10:46 PM

Thanks for checking in. It's great to hear from you. Best wishes for the new year!

Fleet Fox

Kaiserjeeps 12-30-2020 12:06 PM

Same to you Fleetfox! May this next year be better than the last. I am here a lot. I just have not said much. ;)